DIY Smartphone Scan Gauge - OBD Fusion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did this and couldn’t locate one. I checked all sections under the Toyota advanced pack.
If you bought the Toyota PID pack for $10 it should be there. This is where mine is. You may need to rescan all of the PIDs while in Park if it’s not showing up… it’s possible it’s hidden as OBD Fusion might not think it applies by default or that PID might have been added later

874C77B9-D89F-4C83-895A-E73CEDB611AD.png

874C77B9-D89F-4C83-895A-E73CEDB611AD.png

If you bought the Toyota PID pack for $10 it should be there. This is where mine is. You may need to rescan all of the PIDs while in Park if it’s not showing up… it’s possible it’s hidden as OBD Fusion might not think it applies by default or that PID might have been added later

View attachment 2888614

View attachment 2888613
I’ll try rescanning.

I’ll try rescanning.
I haven't figured out how to rescan a module yet, other than maybe dumping the app and deleting all data then reinstalling. But I definitely was able to add the oil temp pid when I was first building that dashboard, it just didn't work. Now I can’t seem to get the app to even show the PID again.

I might work on it some more later.

Last edited:
So I spent some more time on this for my fellow LX AHC brothers out there. Also took this opportunity to test out building an (on/off) type light that @grinchy was requesting.

Here’s a new dashboard for monitoring AHC activity. It shows the following:

Height at each corner
Status of front and rear gate valves (open/closed)
Status of each corner height control valve (open/closed)
AHC Pump Pressure
AHC Oil Temp
Height Control Level
Status of 5th Accumulator valve (open/close)
Status of pump motor (on/off)
Status of front high rate spring (engaged/disengaged)
Status of variable damping control (1-16 steps)

To use this dashboard you must have the advanced Toyota pack and in “settings->Vehicle Editor->Advanced Network” you must select “Network E”. You can also set this value to “prompt” at connection if you think you will use it a lot, then when you connect to vehicle, it will ask if you want Generic OBD or Network E.
Since you have to connect to the different network, you won’t be able to use the standard dashboards at same time. You will have to disconnect from dongle and reconnect on different module to go back to the other dashboard. The biggest downside to this is it scans a bunch of modules at load up each time, so it’s not as fast at connecting as it is for Generic OBD.

Here's a screenshot. The green boxes are the identifiers that the height control valves are open. This is a snap from going from N to H, so you can see all valves are open while it raising. You can see pump pressure and that the pump motor is on. The "level" box is a numeric representation of which height mode the truck is in. I haven't figured them all out yet. 0 = Normal, 6 = High, 4 = Normal 2 (>62mph). I'll work on figuring out the rest.

I will cross post this with the AHC sticky, if people want to talk about any details there., since it's probably more appropriate there.

87C0BDE7-06DF-42BF-997A-2DD6B0BCCEF9.png

Last edited:
So I spent some more time on this for my fellow LX AHC brothers out there. Also took this opportunity to test out building an (on/off) type light that @grinchy was requesting.

Height at each corner
AHC Pump Pressure
AHC Oil Temp
Height Control Level

To use this dashboard you must have the advanced Toyota pack and in “settings->Vehicle Editor->Advanced Network” you must select “Network E”. You can also set this value to “prompt” at connection if you think you will use it a lot, then when you connect to vehicle, it will ask if you want Generic OBD or Network E.
Since you have to connect to the different network, you won’t be able to use the standard dashboards at same time. You will have to disconnect from dongle and reconnect on different module to go back to the other dashboard. The biggest downside to this is it scans a bunch of modules at load up each time, so it’s not as fast at connecting as it is for Generic OBD.

Here's a screenshot. The green boxes are the identifiers that the height control valves are open. This is a snap from going from N to H, so you can see all valves are open while it raising. You can see pump pressure and that the pump motor is on. The "level" box is a numeric representation of which height mode the truck is in. I haven't figured them all out yet. 0 = Normal, 6 = High, 4 = Normal 2 (>62mph). I'll work on figuring out the rest.

I will cross post this with the AHC sticky, if people want to talk about any details there., since it's probably more appropriate there.

View attachment 2890578
So much like!

Here’s what it looks like not connected (all lights off)

0F00AF55-F9BE-4236-AB46-93276266B09A.png

Last edited:
Y’all might like this:

Looks like oversized globes and restriction valving mods may be an option. Also I have been thinking about higher viscosity fluid, as well as inline sensor voltage modifications to lie to the ECU. There is so much we could potentially do to firm up AHC or make it more compliant.

Height at each corner
AHC Pump Pressure
AHC Oil Temp
Height Control Level

View attachment 2890578

Oh man. This is epic.

I'm always hungry for data and this delivers in spades. I'm especially interested in pressure,temp, and damper gate positions depending on load / airbag / use case. Can't wait to give this a whirl.

Ah, I haven’t tried out @TeCKis300 dashboard. I started with @linuxgod (I think) and kind of modified from there.
I got the little 1/0 but really want a red light green light.

I dug around a little but never found obd fusion script language reference.

The trick I used for this was to use a "digital gauge". Then I hide the "value" by setting the font scale and position to lowest values possible. Then use the "background" colors to set one side of your on off color (in my case, i set the off to black (or whatever matches your dashboard background), but it could be red/green. Then I used the "warning" feature and set this to "when = 1" set color to whatever you want the opposing color to be.

While staring at the dashboard on my computer monitor i realized how i could make the height control valve monitors more eye appealing... I didn't like just floating a box above the labels for the corner height sensors. It finally occurred to me to use the valve monitor as the label and remove it from the height sensor display. I updated the new dashboard and replaced the link above.

AHC Dashboard v2

87c0bde7-06df-42bf-997a-2dd6b0bccef9-png.2890659

Last edited:
I haven't figured out how to rescan a module yet, other than maybe dumping the app and deleting all data then reinstalling. But I definitely was able to add the oil temp pid when I was first building that dashboard, it just didn't work. Now I can’t seem to get the app to even show the PID again.

I might work on it some more later.
IIRC it's Settings -> Vehicle Editor, go down to the Enhanced Network section and select the network and then rescan it

While staring at the dashboard on my computer monitor i realized how i could make the height control valve monitors more eye appealing... I didn't like just floating a box above the labels for the corner height sensors. It finally occurred to me to use the valve monitor as the label and remove it from the height sensor display. I updated the new dashboard and replaced the link above.

AHC Dashboard v2

87c0bde7-06df-42bf-997a-2dd6b0bccef9-png.2890659

Nice dude, i have yet to play with any of this but after i bought that advanced diag pack i immediately wanted to see AHC status.
This is exactly what we need to make non responsive height requests easier to diagnose.
I will be running this live and screen-shotting whenever i get the now very seldom refusal.

Seems like you also beat me to getting this work done off device. Are you using an M1 mac? Or are you doing this for android?

I"m ordering a VeePeak BLE+ to see if it works any better/faster. Supposedly it uses the ELM 327 v2.2 command set, whereas my Carista uses v1.4. Luckily it's Amazon, so if it isn't better, i'll just send it back. I recently bought a VX Diag, i wish that had the ability to talk to phone apps, rather than just computers.

Curious what folks’ Knock Correction readings are and if there is anything to look for/range to be in. I know generally higher is better but would like to understand more about this value if anyone has input.

I"m ordering a VeePeak BLE+ to see if it works any better/faster. Supposedly it uses the ELM 327 v2.2 command set, whereas my Carista uses v1.4. Luckily it's Amazon, so if it isn't better, i'll just send it back. I recently bought a VX Diag, i wish that had the ability to talk to phone apps, rather than just computers.

Let us know how it goes. Was going to order the Veepeak BLE but if the BLE+ is an improvement then will order that.

Let us know how it goes. Was going to order the Veepeak BLE but if the BLE+ is an improvement then will order that.
Will do. I believe the Veepeak BLE is on v1.4, so probably same hardware as the Carista, so in theory should be close to an apples to apples comparison. Amazon allowed me to order it, but i don't think it's in stock currently. We will see how long it takes to get one.

I got T/C Lockup in 5th and 6th today around 35mph. With my gears that is only 1266 rpm in 5th. Even less in 6th.
Using the ‘warning ‘ function to do lockup color.

77F156A6-F9D0-49BD-9762-6FF4E6D5A026.png

Sorry I forgot to say.

Start truck, open app, asks to connect one click in app, connects in 3 seconds.

Go for it.

Sorry I forgot to say.

Start truck, open app, asks to connect one click in app, connects in 3 seconds.

Go for it.
Well....the "speed" i'm referring to is in the polling frequency for PIDs rather than connection time. Also, the Carista is fine for connecting to the "Generic OBD" module. Connects as you described.

But connecting to Module E is what takes time because of the extended scanning on connection. I'm considering resetting all my data, because I'm wondering if you don't poll all the sub modules in the E module, if they won't poll at connection every time. If so, that would speed up connecting to E. I know that i did a full scan of each sub module at the beginning. I can't remember if it let you break out each sub module or not, I just remember having to scan multiple things before it was all ready. All that to say it's really not that bad, takes about 15 seconds to do scan and launch the dashboard.

Getting the new Veepeak BLE+ is to see if once in the dashboard, the displays update faster. Currently with my Carista, it's 2-4 seconds on updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom