Dissent Front/Rear Bumper install instructions (LX) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just removed my front and rear bumpers yesterday so I can finally send them to powder coat to switch from white to black. It's been almost 2 years since I first installed. I am not excited about re-installing, but I have been talking about doing this forever! 2 years later and everything f is still in great shape! Just sooo much dirt trapped in every nook and cranny 😒. I was pretty happy to see that I wouldn't need to 💯 remove everything 😅

IMG_5664.jpeg

IMG_5665.jpeg

IMG_5667.jpeg

IMG_5673.jpeg

70518404851__6A835868-49C1-4570-BB89-DCA19549AD98.fullsizerender.jpeg

If I plan to paint the washer nozzle covers black to match the bumper, should I sand them first or use some sort of plastic etching primer before paint?

If I plan to paint the washer nozzle covers black to match the bumper, should I sand them first or use some sort of plastic etching primer before paint?
You can also consider using 3M matte black vinyl wrap. It matches the black powder coat very closely. I did the same with all the parking sensors and everything works just fine.

You can also consider using 3M matte black vinyl wrap. It matches the black powder coat very closely. I did the same with all the parking sensors and everything works just fine.

That's a great idea, I'll see if I can get a small amount off of amazon or ebay.

Has anyone used a different brand of lights in a Dissent bumper other than the combo lights that are sold by Dissent?

I’m looking on some advice on what’s the best course of action on going back through the rear bumper to snug up fasteners and adjusting the drivers side wing after a couple years of use. After a rather rough trip this summer I noticed that the alignment on the rear drivers side wing was off. The drivers side is the heavier side of mine with the locking cabinet and 2 jerry cans of water on that side. All the bolts I can get to are tight so I’m wondering if I should even address this or is it just something that comes along with use and abuse.

I have gone through this thread and I have a copy of the install instructions, just looking for some wisdom on this since I didn’t do the install myself.
IMG_7672.jpeg

I just removed my front and rear bumpers yesterday so I can finally send them to powder coat to switch from white to black. It's been almost 2 years since I first installed. I am not excited about re-installing, but I have been talking about doing this forever! 2 years later and everything f is still in great shape! Just sooo much dirt trapped in every nook and cranny 😒. I was pretty happy to see that I wouldn't need to 💯 remove everything 😅

View attachment 3317678

View attachment 3317679

View attachment 3317680

View attachment 3317681

View attachment 3317682
could you give a how to and details how you did the 3 lights by the grille?

I’m looking on some advice on what’s the best course of action on going back through the rear bumper to snug up fasteners and adjusting the drivers side wing after a couple years of use. After a rather rough trip this summer I noticed that the alignment on the rear drivers side wing was off. The drivers side is the heavier side of mine with the locking cabinet and 2 jerry cans of water on that side. All the bolts I can get to are tight so I’m wondering if I should even address this or is it just something that comes along with use and abuse.

I have gone through this thread and I have a copy of the install instructions, just looking for some wisdom on this since I didn’t do the install myself.
View attachment 3471089

I've realigned mine twice and have been successful in that I've not had to pull a wing. Two techniques I've used

1. loosen up the center section and those big flat screws on the inside of the wings and use a rubber mallet to nudge the center section back in. While in there make sure your steel recovery points are super tight.
2. Use a floor jack to support the wing, pull the carrier off, loosen the wing, then reset the wing and re-tighten everything using the jack to set the position

View attachment 3471089

I have the same problem and a very loud creeky sound when opening the DS swing out.

I've realigned mine twice and have been successful in that I've not had to pull a wing. Two techniques I've used

1. loosen up the center section and those big flat screws on the inside of the wings and use a rubber mallet to nudge the center section back in. While in there make sure your steel recovery points are super tight.
2. Use a floor jack to support the wing, pull the carrier off, loosen the wing, then reset the wing and re-tighten everything using the jack to set the position
I’ve readjusted before too. It’s like 10 bolts to loosen. Make take a few “wacks” with a dead blow to break loose if it’s been on for a while. I had painted my frame with POR15 right before the install so mine was a bit stuck

Some discussion on this topic in the install thread: Dissent Front/Rear Bumper install instructions (LX) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dissent-front-rear-bumper-install-instructions-lx.1213883/post-14317074

Just so I’m clear on what you’re talking about.

1. The “big flat screws” you refer to are the ones circled in red in the picture below, correct?

2. “The carrier@ you’re referring to is the swing out arm? Hopefully not because I have stuff wired in that cabinet in such a way that removing that was never considered.

IMG_7672.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the same problem and a very loud creeky sound when opening the DS swing out.
I haven’t developed any type of noise. It sounds like a little shifting may be par for the course so I may not be as concerned about this as I was before. When that arm is loaded with water there is probably 150 pounds on that arm, I just don’t want to have a separation of swing arm from bumper while out in the middle of nowhere.

Just so I’m clear on what you’re talking about.

1. The “big flat screws” you refer to are the ones circled in red in the picture below, correct?

2. “The carrier@ you’re referring to is the swing out arm? Hopefully not because I have stuff wired in that cabinet in such a way that removing that was never considered.
Yes and yes. But you can probably get away without removing the swing arm. I just liked doing mine to re-adjust the catch while I"m in there.

Yes and yes. But you can probably get away without removing the swing arm. I just liked doing mine to re-adjust the catch while I"m in there.
Gotcha. I’ll tear into this soon, it sounds straightforward enough.

I just noticed my previous post didn’t have the picture with circled screws but I think I got it now. I added it anyway for any future reference.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom