Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been looking at them winches. Any experience with them? I always wanted a winch but never sprang for one partly because I never really do any hard core offroading. These look to be British made....

Been looking at them winches. Any experience with them? I always wanted a winch but never sprang for one partly because I never really do any hard core offroading. These look to be British made....

Andrea's cousin in the UK has been running them for about 9 years now on 5 different Rovers. He says they are the only winch he will run now. This guy gets stuck A LOT!!! HA! Every time I'm there and we go out we use the winch regularly... Fast line speeds, quiet and strong. I like that they are a bit stronger than the standard range too. 9900# and 13200# compared to (9000-9500 or 12000-12500)

They were designed as a speedy competition winch to compete with the modified Warn 8274s and Gigglepins. The Aussies pushed them to design a standard/overlanding winch and they came out with the EXPLORER2 winch. This is what I will mainly offer and start designing around.

The EXPLORER2 dims are comparable to the others in each weigh class. So they will fit in most all aftermarket bumpers as well.

IMO, great to have yet another option for our cruisers.

J

It is nice to see options.
When I was upgrading my M8274 these guys and Gigglepin popped up. Never heard of them until that point. Looking into what they do, they make some real awesome winches.
Think about it as a hotrod winch. They are cool looking and fast.

So when are you making a FJ60 bumper for the 4 hole mounting ones, wink wink.

Didn't get as much done as I wanted to today but tomorrow I'll play catch up.

HF2A case rebuilt, Marks adapter and 4L65E all together. HotRod pan, windage tray, dipstick, flywheel and balancer swapped out on the LS3.

Back edge is cut and ready for the sheetmetal work. This will be cut and made straight and also stretched to fit.

J

IMG_20190405_122835802.jpg

IMG_20190406_110037153.jpg

IMG_20190406_110025923.jpg

IMG_20190406_135335308.jpg

IMG_20190406_140331456.jpg

LS3 Erod, 4L65E and HF2A are set. My 80 Creeper skidplate was a perfect match with no mods in the stock location.

3.5 hours of solid hard work this morning. My Ron Davis radiator was supposed to be here this week, but they fumbled the ball on processing the order. Ron called me and was beside himself for the delay. No worries... hopefully next week.

J

IMG_20190407_085809068.jpg
IMG_20190407_085102327.jpg
IMG_20190407_114155895.jpg
IMG_20190407_114226987.jpg

Ha! While fun... I'd have to shutdown most of Trail Tailor to make this an "available product" ...

J

That's cool with us ... Just saying.

Those winches look interesting. Futuristic or industrial I can’t tell. But I like the look.

Ha! While fun... I'd have to shutdown most of Trail Tailor to make this an "available product" ...

J

but the next one would take 1/3rd less time as you have all the details figured out!

Rear floor pan and inner wells are cut out. The Silverado cab vent cutouts are drawn for the back panel. A pair of front Corbeau seats with lumbar and heaters arrived today and I'll need to make brackets to get these mounted.

Ron Davis radiator shipped today too.

Andrea will be leaving in a couple of weeks so I hope to get the cab buttoned up and get started on the bodywork.

J

What's you plan to close up the rear of the cab?
I see you trimmed up the tail...

Friend of mine welded in a ¾" tube all the way around the inside following the cab contours, then the back panel welded to the tube. Made for a strong solution.

What's you plan to close up the rear of the cab?
I see you trimmed up the tail...

Friend of mine welded in a ¾" tube all the way around the inside following the cab contours, then the back panel welded to the tube. Made for a strong solution.

I'll basically be using a similar channel design of what the original was. With the headache/rollover bar going on the flatbed, I'm not too interested in adding extra weight.

J

I was using your build as my pace setter for my 75 build but your really turning it on now. Which is probably good as I learning a lot.
I am really looking forward to when you get to the bed/tray. I am all over the map on what I want to do.

Didn't get as much done as I wanted to today but tomorrow I'll play catch up.

HF2A case rebuilt, Marks adapter and 4L65E all together. HotRod pan, windage tray, dipstick, flywheel and balancer swapped out on the LS3.

Back edge is cut and ready for the sheetmetal work. This will be cut and made straight and also stretched to fit.

J

View attachment 1946228

View attachment 1946229

View attachment 1946230

View attachment 1946231

View attachment 1946232
That is sick! You should have been kicked out of kindergarten lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom