Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What Miller are you running for the welding work? I’ve never seen a display like that.

It's a new Miller 255 (Mig or Pulse Mig). I just got a pair of them a couple weeks ago.

J

Some test welds from day one.

Weave

Another good morning. Got the body set and the rear body mount welded in. Took measurements for the others and will get those drawn this weekend.

Looks like I'll need to add 9.5" to the rear of the frame to accommodate for the 6' bed I want to build. Also, I'll make a rear up-arched crossmember for the tail of the cab with another pair of body mounts and making one more intermediate frame crossmember at the front cut line of the stretch.

J

IMG_20190330_082317111.jpg
IMG_20190330_082331524.jpg
IMG_20190330_082324457.jpg
IMG_20190330_114005150.jpg
IMG_20190330_113956352.jpg

Are the rear door wheel arches going to stay?

Or will he run a second set of front doors?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I was going to ask the same question. Will the truck be served with the 79 treatment? Flat panel beneath door arch to finish off cab?

Or will he run a second set of front doors?

Inquiring minds want to know!
I was going to ask the same question. Will the truck be served with the 79 treatment? Flat panel beneath door arch to finish off cab?

Arch will be patched in like a 79, but the inner well is completely removed and extended floor put in. I'll be running bucket seats in the rear.

This is gonna be sooooo sick !!

This has to be your biggest 60s project. Fun build!

Are you going to call it a 60 UTE when it’s all done? Or is this getting some other designation? LSj140+?

UTE is a pickup IMO and a canopy is what is pictured above. I figure people will call it whatever they think it is. Like all my cruisers it has a name; "DINGO" and that's what we will call it.

J

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom