Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That sump going out to the side like that almost certainly won’t work with a front driveshaft.

Also, what I have heard from multiple reputable sources is that the OEM pans are designed to be a structural member with the block, and that the aftermarket stamped/welded sheetmetal pans are not truely adequate.
How much strength to the block does it add? Has anyone damaged a LS block with a sheet metal oil pan and not having the suppport of the aluminum? I think Canton does make pans that don't bulge out like that.

ACC Drive assy arrived-- Torque converter, flexplate, starter, PS pump, AC compressor, brackets, serpentine belts, balancer and misc other pieces arrived.

This will be my last post for a bit. Need to get some other things finished up with my 60s and a possible 200 for Andrea.

@mryanangel this will give you some food for thought.

Jason

IMG_20180529_125744204.jpg

So you were able to get the title? If so glad I was able to help out and look forward to the rest of the build.

Yes, clean title from WA arrived today and I have the signed off VIN inspection from CHP. So, Monday I'll run get the CA title transfer and put it on NON-OP status. Thanks for keeping that guys phone number.

I just wanted a title in my name before starting on this build. I pretty much have everything to put it all together now. Just a few bits and pieces remain and A LOT OF SPARE TIME, which I don't have right now.

I'm not sure if this will ever be registered in CA, but I plan to make it where it can with no problems.

Jason

Last edited:
Oooooooohhh.... vinyl kit! Very nice J... Hope the smoke is treating you and Andrea well.

Smoke is hit of miss daily. It's still driving me out of the shop by 1-2PM everyday. Been going in early (4-5AM) to try and get a decent days work in.

The smoke just drifts in all day. The ash has let up a bit. I looked out the front door one day last week and it looked like the parking lot was dusted with snow.

IMG_20180810_112820694.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom