Different spare tire carriers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
THe 1976 FJ40 goes to the paint and body shop on the 26th of this month. All of the rust and dents removed and a fresh coat of red paint with clear is going on. I have never been a fan of any spare tire carrier that mounts to the body, just to much weight for something like that. I would prefer another mount that removes the spare from the body, mayber a bumper hinge mount, something in the bed, or even on the roof. Can get some suggestions and pictures of what you all have used and recomend please.
Thanks

4 plus all the way. It's high on my "I want it" list.

One more for 4plus, Dave "Lcwizard" is very accommodating and will work with you if you need something customized or special size cooler basket.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413855132.796791.jpg

I'd have to concur....x3

They are not cheap but Kaymar make a great 2 wheel holder for the 40. It is a complete bumper replacement. They also do one for a single spare and jerry can holder as well.
Kaymar Twin Rack.gif

Another happy 4+ customer here.

Both my rigs are 4+, in fact my 60 is on Dave's website

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413927909.876004.jpg

Love my 4-plus

Not that it hasn't already been said but 4plus is the way I would go.Dave is great to work with and takes great pride is what he does.As far as Kaymar goes,I believe that they pulled out of the U.S. market.Please don't quote me on that!

I'm going with 4x4 labs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom