This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought my ‘69 FJ40 in 2001 and have been buying parts and doing little things ever since. I realized a couple of years ago my first two boys missed out and my only chance would be with my senior. Some great guys started an off-road shop here locally so I took it in and we set a budget of 10k to put it together to get it back together. 10k turned to 20k and 6 months turned to 1 yr. It was running and now it no longer ran, the new disk brakes wouldn’t stop it ect.. I got a hold of Diesel Dave and asked them to help me out. Please watch and comment on the build

Yeah I watched the video…..now at the very end who also caught the front drive shaft spinning. Engage in 4wd high or front lockers engaged!!! Watched it and see for yourself….plains as day!!!!

Made for uturd vids have lost my interest lately, soon it will be just like TV - fake drama, 75% repeat footage/information with 25% actual new content, product placement/endorsement for pay - wokeness.

Made for uturd vids have lost my interest lately, soon it will be just like TV - fake drama, 75% repeat footage/information with 25% actual new content, product placement/endorsement for pay - wokeness.
The beauty of choice…

Did you watch it? I found it informative and the ring ad in the middle of a :30 minute video that was free to watch didn’t bother me at all.

I did try to watch it before my post. My time left here is limited so I don't waste any on stuff that appears to be poorly organized or edited.

I did try to watch it before my post. My time left here is limited so I don't waste any on stuff that appears to be poorly organized or edited.
I watched it because I got to set (work) about:45 minutes early and because of your comment.

It wasn’t terrible in my opinion.

I didn't say it was terrible. Way better than anything I have produced on video. Lately I have grown tired of most of the people I watched a lot like: Scotty Kilmer when he just rants about stuff instead of testing, fixing or diagnosing stuff. Fab Rats, Matt's Off Road and Robbie Layton are still ok when they actually build/fix/test something; running out of gas, destroying a engine or tranny, hocking cheap tools for big money - not so much. I'm watching a lot more how to auto sheet metal weld.

I didn't say it was terrible. Way better than anything I have produced on video. Lately I have grown tired of most of the people I watched a lot like: Scotty Kilmer when he just rants about stuff instead of testing, fixing or diagnosing stuff. Fab Rats, Matt's Off Road and Robbie Layton are still ok when they actually build/fix/test something; running out of gas, destroying a engine or tranny, hocking cheap tools for big money - not so much. I'm watching a lot more how to auto sheet metal weld.
I get it.

If I’m not watching 40 vids for learning I’m probably deep diving chainsaw/tree felling vids. The ads suck, but it’s the way to monetize the medium.

Oh, and bodywork vids, I can watch those for hours instead of actually, you know, working on my 40…

What a fiasco. I'm glad they finally fixed it for ya. I hope they didn't charge you by the hour.
Yeah I watched the video…..now at the very end who also caught the front drive shaft spinning. Engage in 4wd high or front lockers engaged!!! Watched it and see for yourself….plains as day!!!!
Thanks for the heads up!!

The key to these vids is adjusting the playback speed. I speed them to 1.5 or 2x also I will bump the +10 if it’s not moving along, my ADD doesn’t have time for slow talkers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom