Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard Lift Bracket, 3" & 5" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi @FirtsToy

can you indicate which PHB has chosen for your Slee 4 "Lift ?

Tks
He must be running a 3” bracket. The 5” bracket is only for lifts of 5.5” or more.

I'm running the 3" bracket with Slee 4" springs.

Hi @FirtsToy

can you indicate which PHB has chosen for your Slee 4 "Lift ?

Tks
I have a OEM panhard with weld in adjuster from Slee
This helped to fine tune so I don't get rubbing.

With the delta bracket, stock panhard is close to centering the rear axle.

*the delta bracket i have is the 3"

Just installed this today - huge difference in road manners on my rig.

Difference in bolt heights on the Panhard rod to ground at the start was 4" ish.

I'm running an OME 2.5" heavy setup, though the rear is lightly loaded with just a 4x4 labs bumper.

I think I need to invest in some front radius arms next.

Curious as to whether or not anyone here knows if the "darting" can be exacerbated by braking. I recently installed OME 2" light to medium springs. I was traveling down the highway straight as an arrow at about 70 mph when a motorcycle cut me off and I had to heavily apply the brakes. The back end started swerving back and forth and I had to let off the brakes and correct steering to control it. It was unsettling to say the least. As a data point, I was loaded out for camping with 2 passengers, a set of Dobinson's drawers and OEM bumpers. Again, only a 2" lift and DVS only makes the brackets fort 3" or greater. Would this fix my problem or is it something else? Any ideas?

(Also, recently installed new Dobinson's adjustable UCAs. The pinion angle looks good, but wondering if it might be a difference in length between the two sides that would cause some play in the axle.)

Curious as to whether or not anyone here knows if the "darting" can be exacerbated by braking. I recently installed OME 2" light to medium springs. I was traveling down the highway straight as an arrow at about 70 mph when a motorcycle cut me off and I had to heavily apply the brakes. The back end started swerving back and forth and I had to let off the brakes and correct steering to control it. It was unsettling to say the least. As a data point, I was loaded out for camping with 2 passengers, a set of Dobinson's drawers and OEM bumpers. Again, only a 2" lift and DVS only makes the brackets fort 3" or greater. Would this fix my problem or is it something else? Any ideas?

(Also, recently installed new Dobinson's adjustable UCAs. The pinion angle looks good, but wondering if it might be a difference in length between the two sides that would cause some play in the axle.)
If you recently installed new uppers and checked everything, I assume you also spent time checking bushings of lower arms?

Also, how is your caster handled currently, and what condition are your brakes?

Have you checked your wheel bearings? If they are loose, you can get darty braking.

Just installed the 3" bracket this morning. Was surprised how fast it got here honestly. :D Taking if for a test drive after work and see if that resolved some of the occasional pucker factor.

Several things to check. Proper caster? Wheel bearings loose? Brake pads worn out? Rotors warped? Tie rod making contact with radius arms? (this can make for twitchy steering) Check your front panhard bracket at the frame for cracks. Look for frame cracks around the steering box.

Tires in good shape?

Is there any advantage of the Delta bracket that goes onto the axle itself vs brackets that are bolted to the frame? Like the one from ebay:
1635702534491.png

It won't hit the frame or interfere with the HD springs, doesn't add weight to the axle, less expensive and levels the panhard rod too. Someone mentioned the body roll but is it something real or just a theoretical disadvantage?

Is there any advantage of the Delta bracket that goes onto the axle itself vs brackets that are bolted to the frame? Like the one from ebay:
View attachment 2826274
It won't hit the frame or interfere with the HD springs, doesn't add weight to the axle, less expensive and levels the panhard rod too. Someone mentioned the body roll but is it something real or just a theoretical disadvantage?
You’d be better off with no correction than just dropping the frame side. An angled extended panhard has a better roll center, even.

That bracket could be useful for tuning the panhard angle once the axle side has been raised - if the bar is still fairly diagonal, but you wouldn’t want to use it by itself.

You’d be better off with no correction than just dropping the frame side. An angled extended panhard has a better roll center, even.

That bracket could be useful for tuning the panhard angle once the axle side has been raised - if the bar is still fairly diagonal, but you wouldn’t want to use it by itself.
I have no aim to save $100 sacrificing the truck’s road manners and simply wanted an explanation similar to what Delta posted in the original post.
What you mentioned is what concerns me right now. I’m too lazy to redo stuff:)
There is a 6 1/2 inch difference in my case and the vehicle drives like a POS even with the caster corrected so I’m on a fence choosing what to do next.

Thank you.
8157E236-5933-4701-BE95-EF329EBB19FE.jpeg

I have no aim to save $100 sacrificing the truck’s road manners and simply wanted an explanation similar to what Delta posted in the original post.
What you mentioned is what concerns me right now. I’m too lazy to redo stuff:)
There is a 6 1/2 inch difference in my case and the vehicle drives like a POS even with the caster corrected so I’m on a fence choosing what to do next.

Thank you.
View attachment 2826507
sounds like the tall Delta bracket would be perfect for you ( - and then if you need additional adjustment, the part you referenced might get you to 100% horizontal, possibly)

( - also, thanks for measuring your actual height difference! you'd be surprised how many people don't)

Last edited:
Yes, I think that the 5" DVS brackets is what I need. I do have 2" bump stop extensions in place already.
There is a 1 or 1.5 inch spacer in the back that I'm going to remove. Just the OME J springs are more than enough for the 35" tires I plan to put on it.
The front with the J springs and 1" spacers is 1.5 inches lower than the back in my case. I had to be more careful planning the lift.

View attachment 2826274
There’s no shame in challenging or exploring options versus the status quo. After all that’s how tech evolves. Are there any available specs around the alternative?

There’s no shame in challenging or exploring options versus the status quo. After all that’s how tech evolves. Are there any available specs around the alternative?
The eBay seller makes them for a 3" drop but able to make other lengths.
I found that MAF were making similar brackets back in the days, actually.

Update: I've got the point about the roll center (and some other things too!) after reading https://www.aev-conversions.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/AEV_12ThingsToKnowAboutSuspension.pdf
As the result, I won't proceed with the frame mounted bracket for sure.

Last edited:
*** SOLD***

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom