Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard Lift Bracket, 3" & 5" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Delta VS Another Data Point: 97FZJ80 with Slinky Intermediates and a 5” difference between axle and frame panhard mounts - I had to grind down the 3” bracket, it was touching the spring and interfering with alignment of bolt holes. Need to update the design with less of a spine.

FWIW - I have adjustable upper arms and they were set to level the pinion.

I think I just discovered this with my Slinky Intermediates as well. I should have read this whole thread before installing. No adjustable control arms, in my case.

I think I just discovered this with my Slinky Intermediates as well. I should have read this whole thread before installing.

Still waiting on a Slinky spring to make it to the shop so we can make this work. Has not been easy.

Still waiting on a Slinky spring to make it to the shop so we can make this work. Has not been easy.

Totally understand and am totally happy with the performance of your product. I think that the radius of the Slinky might be a little bigger than average. That clearance issue has to be crazy close because on my initial ride after install, I heard a clang a couple of times within the first few miles. Then it stopped and I've put about 300 miles on it since yesterday afternoon. I haven't heard a clang since. I took a quick look at it after work today and saw a little worn section in the Slinky powdercoat. My guess is that the thickness of the powdercoat was what was interfering. I flexed my rig out in both directions and couldn't hear anything. If you look closely at the coil in this picture, you can see the wear mark I'm talking about. (sorry I didn't get a better/closer pic)

tyw43GG.jpg

Hopefully this isn't an issue much longer. The new Australian shop is finally open after the old one burnt down and all the inventory was a total loss. Last I heard was the supply stream should be back to normal with better consistency.

Hopefully this isn't an issue much longer. The new Australian shop is finally open after the old one burnt down and all the inventory was a total loss. Last I heard was the supply stream should be back to normal with better consistency.

That would be awesome. I've spoken with Darren a few times about getting one spring to the shop for fitting purposes.

@Delta VS

I got my bracket installed today, two small items not on the instructions for a one banana mechanic like me.

1. I put the washer for the bolt holding the panhard to the bracket on the outside / rearward, this helped keep the bolt further from my dobinson 4” progressive spring. The spring is close to the bolt & bracket, but doesn’t touch from what I can see.
  2. I moved the abs sensor wire on the other side of the stock bracket, closer to the spring

Last edited:
That would be awesome. I've spoken with Darren a few times about getting one spring to the shop for fitting purposes.
Patiently awaiting V 2.0. Will be going with Slinky's and the bracket soon...

Like many, I've grown accustomed to the dartiness. My wife on the other hand hates it. We run the Slee heavies. Our 80 has the normal armor plus the big Long ranger aux fuel tank and we tow a Kimberley SportsRV when camping. The extra spring rate is greatly appreciated. In the past we ran OME Js with airbags; we won't go back after swapping to King 2.5 & bump stops. Maybe this should be posted in a spring thread. However this bracket is almost, if not just as important as our spring choice.

I keep coming back to this thread wanting to see some changes have been made so the @Delta VS bracket works with the Slee progressive heavies. Anyone with recent experience care to chime in or thoughts regarding springs choices for a 7.5k lb when full loaded 80?

I'd prefer not to change springs, but reading all the testimonials has me thinking...

Like many, I've grown accustomed to the dartiness. My wife on the other hand hates it. We run the Slee heavies. Our 80 has the normal armor plus the big Long ranger aux fuel tank and we tow a Kimberley SportsRV when camping. The extra spring rate is greatly appreciated. In the past we ran OME Js with airbags; we won't go back after swapping to King 2.5 & bump stops. Maybe this should be posted in a spring thread. However this bracket is almost, if not just as important as our spring choice.

I keep coming back to this thread wanting to see some changes have been made so the @Delta VS bracket works with the Slee progressive heavies. Anyone with recent experience care to chime in or thoughts regarding springs choices for a 7.5k lb when full loaded 80?

I'd prefer not to change springs, but reading all the testimonials has me thinking...

Don't worry, we will have a solution for you shortly. Still waiting on springs to make it to our shop so we can get a hands-on fix.

I have the 2.5" OME lift on medium springs. I also installed the ARB adjustable panhard bar as I noticed the rear axle being off kilter side to side.

Will this Delta product work with the ARB adjustable panhard bar? When I install it, will it maintain the centered axle I have now?

Thank you.

I have the 2.5" OME lift on medium springs. I also installed the ARB adjustable panhard bar as I noticed the rear axle being off kilter side to side.

Will this Delta product work with the ARB adjustable panhard bar? When I install it, will it maintain the centered axle I have now?

Thank you.

You 100% will need to adjust your adjustable bar after install.

You 100% will need to adjust your adjustable bar after install.

Before I place the order, does the panhard lift bracket come with all the necessary installation hardware or do I simply re-use what's already on truck?

Before I place the order, does the panhard lift bracket come with all the necessary installation hardware or do I simply re-use what's already on truck?

It comes with everything you need to install, including brand new metric fine thread 10.9 hardware.

Installed mine this weekend. Had 5.5” of separation before install. Used the 3” bracket and ended up with 2.75”. Combined with the adjustable panhard, definitely a noticeable difference in the rear.

Next weekend is @landtank castor plates. Should be golden then.

I got my 5" bracket yesterday....
Im also running Slee's 4HP on the rear...
Probably going back to stock panhard...
Also going to do same as @Lumpskie did to avoid any contact possible contact with the spring...

On the install i think you reuse the axle and frame hardware...

Also going to do same as @Lumpskie did to avoid any contact possible contact with the spring...

Yeah, it's so easy to do before install that you might as well. I posted some pictures on my build of how much I took out, in case anyone finds it helpful. I will say this one more time to anyone interested in this bracket. Don't let the thought of grinding hold you back from this mod. It really does make driving my rig so much more enjoyable.

The bracket comes with new bolt/nut/washer for the axle side of the panhard and a new bolt/nut/washer for the axle side of the driver side upper link.

Was able to install it without having to remove coil spring....
I did however had to lift it and remove the rear driver side tire to torque it to 181ft/lbs...

Panhard almost horizontal...
No contact with the Slee Heavy Progressive coil spring.....

Will test it out this weekend...!!

I have Slinky HD springs on the LX450 and did not have any clearance issue with this bracket. I have Slinky Extra HD springs on the Diesel 80...I will be also installing a bracket on that truck too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom