Delta Vehicle Systems goes to Overland (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And I hope Delta doesn't mind, I know every kitchen has too many cooks, and this isn't criticism just a suggestion. But Since they are running internal stiffeners in the end tanks it would be really cool to see them change shape just a bit to act as air flow guides as well as stiffeners. It directs the air up into the top of the IC using the entire core instead of just shooting it from inlet to outlet.

Something kind of like this?

IMG_0574.jpg

You can see it a little more clearly here:

2013-2014-Ford-F-150-Ecoboost-intercooler-1.jpg

Last edited:
Who's intercooler core did you use? I don't think I saw any pics of it mounted, did I? The only few pics I see from the front of the truck I still see the transcooler on the driver's side. If you are putting a big front mount in are you making the relocation setup for the front hood latch support? I could see that being a decent seller for guys doing turbo's and turbo diesels.

That is indeed a Garrett core. 24x12x3.5. We wanted a 3.0 but none were in stock. Will get some more pics today st the show for you. It’s in the stock radiator location, with the radiator pushed back a few inches. Chose this route since there is still a mile of room in the engine bay because the 2.8 is so short.

Love the bumpers ! Will the rear have an option for a hitch ?

The rear keeps clearances for a factory receiver setup. We don’t want to get into the mess of offering towing package stuff.

Just got my mounts for my attic rack. Amazing quality! Was going to come see your stuff today but a back issue is keeping me off my feet. I am very interested in the rear bumper and that sick kitchen.

Just got my mounts for my attic rack. Amazing quality! Was going to come see your stuff today but a back issue is keeping me off my feet. I am very interested in the rear bumper and that sick kitchen.

Great to hear (that you like your brackets, not about the back problems). If you feel better, we’ll be at the show all day.

whats your website? Im not seeing links.

I might have missed it, but you did all of this great work and KEPT the factory A440F slush box?

Why?

Because nobody else has tried it yet. The little 2.8 has about the same power level as the 3FE, and about the same redline. We want to see how it works because that could potentially save folks 5-8k if they are doing a swap.

I guess that's an interesting design decision.

But the A440F is a very old transmission design (over 30 years old) with little to no part support (even from Toyota) and a pretty poor performing transmission.

I guess that's an interesting design decision.

But the A440F is a very old transmission design (over 30 years old) with little to no part support (even from Toyota) and a pretty poor performing transmission.

No arguments there...

Is it drivable yet? Very interested to see how the engine swap kit would turn out. Also would the kit work with newer(96-97) transmission?

Very soon. If it was drivable, it would’ve been driven here.

We have a 95 at the shop, planning to put a 4BT in it, so can make an adapter for one of those trannys. If somebody sent a 96-97 to the shop we could make one.

As far as a receiver hitch one integrated into the swing-away would be my choice simply for a bike rack attachment point. . No real good options out there. Could also be used for a multitude of other attachments such as a grill,table ect. Loving everything else about the truck. Nice work.

Fantastic work.

Any sense yet of fuel efficiency gains over the 3FE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom