Decals to restore wiper + light switch stalks (1 Viewer)

These light switch decals are very cool.

Another Mud member already makes rear heater switch decals, FWIW.....
Appreciate the kind words and I will refer others to buying those decals. I would like to see if I can make a decal kit for the switches in some sort of other way like take my existing kit and add or remove decals that owners will want to use.....so maybe that is a better idea.

Thanks for the heads up :)

@63FST

Did you ever offer stickers (like in your Avatar) of the 60-series?
I would like to actually offer some but maybe I can work out a design and colors you guys would want to put on your rigs -- seems like 60/62 are very passionate so getting it right is always important.

FYI that 40 series decal was celebrating 60 years of Toyota in the US hence the '60' at top. I am looking forward to seeing what comes up and will continue to listen to what 60/62 owners have to say :)

Love this.
Just sent you a PM with my order for light and turn signal decals.
Just when I thought I was running out of projects.
Got it and thanks -- I think you will like this project....improving the details on your truck will make you happy :)

EscapeWagon62

SILVER Star
Silly rabbit, don't you know the projects never stop?
It’s a sickness for sure. I laughed when I read my old build thread from two years ago when I was just about finished. Full windows out paint and resto, H55, LED lights later I think I’m just getting started.

@63FST Thanks Mo. Just got mine in the mail, haven’t installed yet but I wanted to say thanks for the snappy delivery.
I appreciate your feedback John (@John McVicker) -- If you are in need of instructions or need anything please ask.

I would also like to take the time to thank all of the owners who have expressed interest here -- I do appreciate connecting with all of you and will continue to stay in contact.

Thanks,

John McVicker

SILVER Star
If you are in need of instructions or need anything please ask.

Ok Mo, suggestions please. For our stalks what would you suggest as a proper top coat?

I’ve checked out a few YouTube videos on the install and am ok with that part but at the end they mostly just remind you to top coat the decals but none are specific as to what exactly to use. Any suggestions?
Thanks

If you are in need of instructions or need anything please ask.

Ok Mo, suggestions please. For our stalks what would you suggest as a proper top coat?

I’ve checked out a few YouTube videos on the install and am ok with that part but at the end they mostly just remind you to top coat the decals but none are specific as to what exactly to use. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sure, that is a good question. I can list a few but would recommend whatever you use should be tested first to see how it dries onto plastic. You can also brush directly onto the decal and not over the entire stalk.

1). Testors dullcoat or Tamiya clear coat is probably the best choice and used a lot by modelers who choose (dull or glossy) or mix them for a sem-gloss finish
2). I have brushed onto decals Ronan Aquathane & it is water based offering very good protection -- You can also search for a similar type product (protects outdoor signage)
3). ISM clear coat is a ceramic coat for a smoother interior finish but hard to find and expensive
4). Mothers ceramic clear also offers a smooth finish but I am not sure of longevity -- it is easy to buy + fair price

A few pictures to help visualize the coating process.

Hope this helps,

And the picture with Landcruiser stalks has a gloss clear-coat sprayed directly onto the stalks from TouchUpDirect

IMG_1186.JPG
decals-inst.jpg
lc1.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you sending these out already?
Hi Spike,

Yes the turn/signal + wiper decals are ready to go and usually arrive in 1-week. I also have interior decals based on the picture below -- your choice really.

And I will find time in the future for window decals but should converse with owners first to see what they like first --

Int_decals.jpg

Spook50

My daughter likes Stitch
Supporting Vendor
Sure, that is a good question. I can list a few but would recommend whatever you use should be tested first to see how it dries onto plastic. You can also brush directly onto the decal and not over the entire stalk.

1). Testors dullcoat or Tamiya clear coat is probably the best choice and used a lot by modelers who choose (dull or glossy) or mix them for a sem-gloss finish
2). I have brushed onto decals Ronan Aquathane & it is water based offering very good protection -- You can also search for a similar type product (protects outdoor signage)
3). ISM clear coat is a ceramic coat for a smoother interior finish but hard to find and expensive
4). Mothers ceramic clear also offers a smooth finish but I am not sure of longevity -- it is easy to buy + fair price

A few pictures to help visualize the coating process.

Hope this helps,

And the picture with Landcruiser stalks has a gloss clear-coat sprayed directly onto the stalks from TouchUpDirect

IMG_1186.JPG
decals-inst.jpg
lc1.jpeg
The ISM looks like the best way to go as far as quality alone. You're right though, it is damn expensive. $150 for a 30ml bottle. Honestly though considering I have a couple small exterior parts I want to do as well, this may be a good option for me once I get those parts done.

The ISM looks like the best way to go as far as quality alone. You're right though, it is damn expensive. $150 for a 30ml bottle. Honestly though considering I have a couple small exterior parts I want to do as well, this may be a good option for me once I get those parts done.
Some professionals really like it and it is made in Japan so matches with the theme of old cruisers -- And yes combining this with other projects will most likely make you smile at the achievement :)

The other coatings are all very good though -- HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom