Builds Cummins 6bt/nv4500 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Feel free to call or email we'd be happy to go over the process with you. :cheers:

info@jonesys.com

1-360-887-1100

That's cool, guess I'll have to give Jonesy's a call myself seeing as how I apparently don't know the secret handshake when it comes to talking estimated shop hours.

Is the plan to drive it all the way home once complete? Thats quite the drive for a vehicle with a transplant! Hope they back the work if something goes wrong. Good luck guys I cant wait for the day my cruiser pumps out some black Cummis smoke.
Yes it will be driven home.

I was south of Moab last Friday thru Tuesday. I saw her 80 parked on Main St as we were bugging out of town Tuesday early afternoon. It was a breathe of fresh air to see an 80 amongst all the Jeeps!

Feel free to call or email we'd be happy to go over the process with you. :cheers:

info@jonesys.com

1-360-887-1100

My primary interest right now is in your proof of concept Predator. As this is still a work in progress I won't hound you for costs as you don't know them yourself.

Fingers crossed it works well, that combination could really bring down the cost of a conversion. Its just a bonus that you guys are only a few hours away...

Keep up the good work, the videos are well done.

I was south of Moab last Friday thru Tuesday. I saw her 80 parked on Main St as we were bugging out of town Tuesday early afternoon. It was a breathe of fresh air to see an 80 amongst all the Jeeps!
Funny you say that. I drove all the way to Oregon and saw two 80's along the way. One in Moab and one on the beach in Oregon. I see at least one or two a day here in Austin.

Funny you say that. I drove all the way to Oregon and saw two 80's along the way. One in Moab and one on the beach in Oregon. I see at least one or two a day here in Austin.

I see a lot too here in Idaho. The funny thing is I see more stock 60's running around then 80's. Sure do like the classic look.

I got the newer top plate for the NV4500 in along with shifter housing and BD diesel short throw shifter. Will find out if the shift lever needs to be modified once installed. I also ordered a twin stick kit from fellow mud member orangefj45 for the 60 series split case. I wanted to keep the 2WD low range that I had with the pin 7 mod previously. These are the last bit of the parts I will get. I will leave it up to Jonesy's to get the rest once the conversion starts.

I have been missing the cruiser so much already that I am looking to buy another for the summer. I have been wanting to find a cheap beater for parts anyway. Looked at few locally but nothing worth the asking price. Cheap 95-97's are not easy to find right now.

That's a whole lotta beer you got there :beer:

Why use a 60 series split case and not the transfer from the 80 series. I dont know why AA dont make an adapter for this aplication.
A bloke here has made up his own adapter to go from nv4500 to the 80 series transfer and just re machined the output shaft from the gear box to match the tranfer. He was also able to keep the tranfer in the same location (just had to drop it an inch for clearance to cab for gearbox ) so that the tail shaft flanges remain in the same location requiring no tail shaft mods.

Why use a 60 series split case and not the transfer from the 80 series. I dont know why AA dont make an adapter for this aplication.
A bloke here has made up his own adapter to go from nv4500 to the 80 series transfer and just re machined the output shaft from the gear box to match the tranfer. He was also able to keep the tranfer in the same location (just had to drop it an inch for clearance to cab for gearbox ) so that the tail shaft flanges remain in the same location requiring no tail shaft mods.

I think the reason why folks go to the 60 series split case is simply that AA makes an adapter for it. No one off machining required, also lots of yank's have dry pavement the majority of the year (well compared to canada and depending on what part of the US), because we never got the diesel 80's here may we appreciate the mileage benefits more then with a diesel in OZ with slower speed limits. Wear and tear is another reason.

But, I would have prefered an 80 series full time case if it was an option without building a custom adapter. There's still snow on the ground here today, and snow in the forecast for the next week or two.

I think the reason why folks go to the 60 series split case is simply that AA makes an adapter for it. No one off machining required, also lots of yank's have dry pavement the majority of the year (well compared to canada and depending on what part of the US), because we never got the diesel 80's here may we appreciate the mileage benefits more then with a diesel in OZ with slower speed limits. Wear and tear is another reason.

But, I would have prefered an 80 series full time case if it was an option without building a custom adapter. There's still snow on the ground here today, and snow in the forecast for the next week or two.
Like Cody C stated the adapter is one reason for the 60 series split case. I also want the 2wd option. Living in Texas I do a lot of highway driving to get to the cool places like Colorado and Utah. My Jeep Liberty CRD's transfer case has a full time and part time option and I think I have used full time twice since I got it three years ago.

You're going to love that 5 speed. My buddy has a 6BT with that tranny and it's a blast to drive that beast. If my 700r4 ever craps out, I'll seriously consider swapping in an NV4500.

Fair enough. The 80 and the 100 here can either have the HF1A transfer which is part time 4x4 with free wheeling hubs or the HF2A which is full time like yours. Marks 4WD adapters do a kit to make the HF2A part time.
Good luck with the build , great concept.

I am very excited to see how your build goes. I have a 96 FZJ80 and a 2000 Ram 2500 cummins...once I am done with the ram build I plan to go a total resto on my land tank...including this same swap.

Good luck and let us know how it's going.

I have been doing research trying to see if an adapter exists to make the NV4500 work with the HF2AV, of course i haven't found it anywhere. But this is the first i had heard of somebody making one. Anybody have more info?

This is exactly what I want to do one day... Can't wait to see how this turns out!!

Nobody makes one, we have one in the works though. :cheers:

I have been doing research trying to see if an adapter exists to make the NV4500 work with the HF2AV, of course i haven't found it anywhere. But this is the first i had heard of somebody making one. Anybody have more info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom