CSC - Family Day at the Beach - Sunday 9.23.2012 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
UPDATE: We will meet and leave from Pima Rd & Pinnacle Peak Rd <link

Leaving time is 8:30

Make sure if you need gas, water, food, or bathroom you do so before the leaving time.

If you do not have a CB radio PM and we will get you a loaner.

The forecast is a little warm make sure you have water and shade to suit you needs.

Driving will be a couple mild river crossings and easy high speed dirt road. Any 4wd will be fine for this trip. I will be driving the mini van:hillbilly: (100 series)

Several members have been asking about another CSC Family Day at the Beach.
Its on and well in advance for those who need to plan.

Sheeps Bridge is the place again (search 'beach' in the CSC forum for past events). Any stock 4wd is capable for the run. No real 4 wheeling involved just a couple mild water crossing and some soft sand.:meh: So if you are looking for big time 4 wheeling you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a cool place to bring the family for the day you will be all that!

Plan for the good part of the day. Bring food, water, shade, dogs, kids, wife, girlfriend, and a good attitude. Water is shallow and safe place for the little ones.

Weather looks great at 95° with light clouds.
About 40 miles from meeting spot mostly fast paced.

Details on meeting place and departure time will be posted later based on interest.

SheepBridge2.jpg

Last edited:
I applaud the effort to give advance notice. Unfortunately my kids already have plans. :/

Might be leaving for Amsterdam. Maybe leaving later. Will let you know Weds. If I'm here I'll be there.

My son works for Seabury in their Amsterdam office. He and his wife just presented me with my first grand baby. Must fly there to see him. He was due on Oct 10th. Just a little early. All's well. Looking to change my flight and if I can't will party at the beach.

That is such a cool picture. I have to get my 40 going and come out to meet you guys.I wont be ready for this run,but soon(I hope).

apparently, I didn't take the 40 then - yeah, too damn hot :hillbilly:

attachment.php

too bad we have to work :frown:

Last edited:
Count me in !!!!

I just showed Sam the pictures and gave him the choice of this or a classmates birthday party - he chose the party:doh:...Well he is only 4...

I just showed Sam the pictures and gave him the choice of this or a classmates birthday party - he chose the party:doh:...Well he is only 4...
Oh well, just goes to show you that life's a beach, or not?!?

kids!!!

My two little ones want to go to the baseball game (d-backs hosting the cubs)
They don't even watch baseball (age 4 and 7). But, they know they get cotton candy etc. It's all about the sugar...and the toys. They are just like me! ;)

My family would love to go.. but we have commitments on Sunday as well :doh:

Any chance Saturday would work better for people?

I'm in. Would prefer to wheel out of town but this is also a good getaway. Will stay tuned for info.

I'm in. Was planning to get meet up details tonight, but wanted to be sure I got counted so the trip doesn't get cancelled!

UPDATE: We will meet and leave from Pima Rd & Pinnacle Peak Rd <link map

Leaving time is 8:30

Make sure if you need gas, water, food, or bathroom you do so before the leaving time.

If you do not have a CB radio PM me and we will get you a loaner.

The forecast is a little warm make sure you have water and shade to suit you needs.

Driving will be a couple mild river crossings and easy high speed dirt road. Any 4wd will be fine for this trip. I will be driving the mini van:hillbilly: (100 series)

Last edited:
How much water is flowing through the crossing? Will a stock 100 series have any issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom