Cruise Moab 2023 - 200 Series Roll Call (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Barcelona is a wonderful city. No question where I would be. Only got to spend 3 day there, would love to spend 6 weeks there.

I already spend a fair bit of time there and it is a fine city, but work is work and since I would be “choosing” to work from there for a while I have to pay for my own accommodation. They offered to cover my flights though. 😂

I was a moron Saturday morning and went skiing. I had 2 reminders set and totally neglected to acknowledge them. I am waitlisted with fingers crossed. We have the dates already blocked off for the year and hope something sways in our favor.

will be at Cruise Moab in a 200 this year... first time a 200. Also leading Wipeout Hill again on Friday should anyone want to run with me that day. Come say hi on Thursday night during vendor night.

will be at Cruise Moab in a 200 this year... first time a 200. Also leading Wipeout Hill again on Friday should anyone want to run with me that day. Come say hi on Thursday night during vendor night.

I did your Wipeout Hill run 2 years ago and would absolutely recommend it to anyone. It was a very fun day.

I did your Wipeout Hill run 2 years ago and would absolutely recommend it to anyone. It was a very fun day.
Ah it's all coming together now... that was the year I broke a motor mount in the 60, on that little ledge you essentially walked right up... lol. i bet I have a picture of that... if you turn your head so the water lines on the rocks run up and down it'll be a better idea of how steep it was.

IMG_3643.jpg

oh here's one that's better:
IMG_3645.jpg

I have a feeling the 200 with some added technology is going to do a little better than the 60 did on open axles. All other things being equal, including the questionable driver skill. Do you remember where you parked?
IMG_3642.jpg

Ah it's all coming together now... that was the year I broke a motor mount in the 60, on that little ledge you essentially walked right up... lol. i bet I have a picture of that... if you turn your head so the water lines on the rocks run up and down it'll be a better idea of how steep it was.

View attachment 3242624

View attachment 3242625

I have a feeling the 200 with some added technology is going to do a little better than the 60 did on open axles. All other things being equal, including the questionable driver skill. Do you remember where you parked?
View attachment 3242626

I think we had 4 or 5 200s on that one. In your last photo I'm the silver one 4th in line. I think Greg is the Black LX 3rd in line. @mcgaskins, @Markuson and and I think @RobW0 are further down the line. I was the one who's brain was doing the opposite of my spotter's directions and had to try a little harder... The other 200s walked up it without issue.

I also realized I had my MTS on 'sand', hence the wheel spin.

Last edited:
I think we had 4 or 5 200s on that one. In your last photo I'm the silver one 4th in line. I think Greg is the Black LX 3rd in line. @mcgaskins, @Markuson and and I think @RobW0 are further down the line. I was the one who's brain was doing the opposite of my spotter's directions and had to try a little harder... The other 200s walked up it without issue.

I also realized I had my MTS on 'sand', hence the wheel spin.

This video reminds me that I can’t even count how many times my sliders have paid for themselves & saved my panels…. & this vid is a great example of your sliders earning their keep for you, too. 👍🏼

I have been considering a Moab run in early June though, so if anyone can't do CM but could make early June work, let me know. Not 100% sure I'll be able to pull it off but I definitely won't if I don't start planning it, so...

I'll very likely be in Moab the 3rd week of June, maybe we'll overlap a bit. Let me know when the dates you'll be there solidify.

So first time doing this whole thing. Think I got some good picks:

4/19 - Chicken Corners w/the family
4/20 - Hell's Revenge
4/21 - Wipe Out Hill
4/22 - Top of the World (easier, cause everything was full!)

would love some input from folks who are more seasoned out there - I was thinking Kane Creek would be fun, just looks like there's a pretty narrow section (Squeeze rock??) that I worry the 200s will have a serious problem with. Any insight would be appreciated, as I'd love to run something a bit harder Saturday.

4/20 - Hell's Revenge
4/21 - Wipe Out Hill

would love some input from folks who are more seasoned out there - I was thinking Kane Creek would be fun, just looks like there's a pretty narrow section that I worry the 200s will have a serious problem with. Any insight would be appreciated, as I'd love to run something a bit harder Saturday.
we'll have a great time on Wipe Out Hill! I think you are correct about Kane Creek, it's certainly gotten more difficult than it was 10-15 years ago, just watch the youtube videos. But I wouldn't consider top of the world easy though- easier than Golden Spike, sure, but still that trail is literally one ledge after another... you'll get to use your sliders for sure!

4/20 - Hell's Revenge
4/21 - Wipe Out Hill

would love some input from folks who are more seasoned out there - I was thinking Kane Creek would be fun, just looks like there's a pretty narrow section (Squeeze rock??) that I worry the 200s will have a serious problem with. Any insight would be appreciated, as I'd love to run something a bit harder Saturday.

That’s a solid schedule. Hell’s on 4/20 will be a good time as you’ll be with @mcgaskins and crew, myself included. Tim’s Wipeout Hill run on Friday is a good time as well. It’s going to be a really fun week.

4/20 - Hell's Revenge
4/21 - Wipe Out Hill

Hell's will be fun and Wipe Out Hill will be a wonderful time also. TOTW is great, I did that last year and you might be happy that you are doing the easy. Last year they were needing to do a lot of winching on the full loop I heard.

View attachment 3242624

View attachment 3242625

View attachment 3242626

Wipeout Hill & you do seem to leave parts on the trail. Lol.

My big bottom girl helping another up and over.

20220429_123128.jpg

20220429_121515.jpg

20220429_123456.jpg

Jealous I didn’t get in, but I’m in Salt Lake so thankfully I can sneak down pretty easily whenever I want.

If a early trip does get put together I could probably be talked into it pretty easily…

I’ll be there in the ol’ LX. I’ve been to Moab a bunch of times, but always solo so never got in any real wheeling down there.

I will be leading chicken Corners thursday, Metal Masher Friday and dome plateau Saturday. Need to post a build thread but I will end up with an ironman front bumper, slee sliders, dissent rear bumper and tire swingout, and gamiviti roof rack. Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom