CRUISE MOAB 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll ask here again, asked in another thread. Suggestions on extra fuel for Elephant Hill Thursday. Pretty stock 40, assumed 8-10 MPG on the trail. I can carry one or two jerry cans. Was planning on just bringing one. Any advice from past participants.

What is your internal capacity?

Standard 1973 gas tank, so 18 gallons I believe, usually takes 15ish when it hits F, of course I calibrated that a bit years ago. I'm planning on one jerry can and a full tank. Should be able to top off in Monticello on the way back if needed right.

Monticello is south of the park. It is a lot closer than Moab to the entrance but in the wrong direction. It is roughly 50 miles from Moab to Monticello.

I think you would be OK with a full main and one full can.

Thanks Dan, for some reason I thought we passed through there on the way.

Anyone a CB radio tech, spent all day yesterday doing a beautiful install on my new radio and antenna only to get off the charts SWR.

Can't find a short, ground seems good. Going to try a different cable tonight and scrape the paint off better. I only used a 6' cable. Some folks said that really does not matter, others swear it does. Guess I'll get an 18' cable tonight.

I did a plastic sidemount (Firestick MK2) in the original radio antenna spot with a 4' Steel whip Hustler antenna (mid to upper loaded) and the little Cobra 75 hand held unit. Every Jeep wannabe in the world has done similar and it works fine, I can't figure it out.

Did you drill a three-quarter inch hole for your fire stick so that the rubber grommet fits in your hole preventing the antenna from grounding out on the mount?

Well, not quite 3/4, but 3/8 and the plastic isolator fit in the hole properly for the hot bolt. I have no continuity there between the grounding stud and the hot stud, or any place else on the body for that matter. Good continuity between the grounding stud and any exposed bolt head under the pedal area. Good continuity between hot stud and center lead at end of coax, same for coax jacket and ground.

I thought I'd log in for just a moment. Looking forward to this event! @paflytyer and @bluecruiser are killing it at the Kokopelli. I decided to go look for them today.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430284907.716019.jpg

Jonathan, you're a show-off. And I'm jealous.

After 4 straight years of attending, work prevented ME going this year. :crybaby:

WE NEED PICTURES, LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to be chilling in slick rock tomorrow.

I gave the 61 a good going over last night, but when I got here this afternoon tech inspection showed that the PS TRE had given up the ghost driving here this morning.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430356151.060879.jpg

Not one wobble or clunk driving here! I've got one that will be here in the morning.

Dan

If you are close to Moab, or planning on being in town for Cruise Moab, we hope to see you!

11082530_871077042931054_2333960334644342776_n.jpg

Come find us tomorrow night (Thursday) for the vendor show in the Slickrock Camp Ground. We will be available to answer any questions you might have about NITRO Gear and Axle Products.

Well made it home safe and sound. What a great time, hope to return in the future. Only casualties were a few scrapes to the bumper and skidplate and an unfortunate puncture to my soft top on Dome Plateau, stupid cut-off tree branch.

Not bad for a pretty stock 40, seems most of my trail companions were impressed, so was I, hardly chirped a tire all three days, what a blast. It was a pleasure meeting many of the cruiser community, and finally putting a face to a name.

Had cruiserdan as gunner on E-Hill, the legend lived up to his reputation, what a fun day, and a great route. Of course it scared the crap out of my wife, but she got over it. I'll have to get some pics put up, we snapped a few.

Huge thanks to all who attended and volunteered, it was another great event with a fantastic vendor turn out and raffle. More important than all the trucks and rocks are the people who make this intimate event a success. The 18th annual is in the bag and we'll no doubt be talking about it and sharing pictures for a long time to come.

CM_2015_v6x600.jpg

Lets hear your stories and see some pictures,

Thanks again,

Can't say enough about the job done by Rising Sun and the committee, along with Wasatch Cruisers on the overnight run. It's always impressive at the level of organization and the apparent smoothness of the event. I was happy to be there for the second time as a vendor for Tepui Tents. I will say that the slight drop in attendance was noticeable this year. The vendor night was good but much lower attendance than in years past, the dinner felt similar. I was also a bit surprised at how quite the campground was overall. I don't know if there were more people camping elsewhere or in hotels but Slickrock CG has typically been more "lively" especially in the evenings.

Please don't take it as a criticism, but merely an observation. It's still a fantastic event! I was happy to be a part of it and had a blast leading trails and participating as a vendor. Thanks to all involved!

And the weather this year was wonderful. I do not remember better.

No kidding, it was beautiful, we brought far too heavy of sleeping bags, sweated all night.

Still recovering here. Getting the 60 off Cliffhanger, breaking camp, and the drive home I'm whooped! It was another great CM non-the-less

We had a great time there this year. Good meeting lots of people and running some great trails.

As for the weather it was way to hot for me. Us northerners don't like it that warm.

Couple of pictures from the event.
P4279207.JPG
P4279208.JPG
P4279216.JPG
P4279207.JPG
P4279208.JPG
P4279216.JPG
P4289288.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom