Builds CreeperSleeper's '85 Xtra-cab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@yotadude520 is the man and was nice enough to send me some door lock cylinders. I got them re-keyed and installed yesterday so I could drive the truck to work and the Cascade Cruisers monthly meeting tonight!

Also this week I was able to order everything else I needed to get the truck to "stage 1" (i.e. I spent all of my money, so this will be where it sits :rofl: ):

All the steel and winch plate for bumpers and sliders
Stereo brackets
4.7 transfer case gears (Thanks again Georg!)
LED reverse lights
FROR twin stick

I pick up the steel tomorrow and plan on gluing some sliders and the rear bumper together this weekend. If anyone is in the neighbor, stop on by. The hope is to get everything done except the front bumper and TC gears before my trip on the 1st.

Last edited:
Glad they worked out and you were able to put them to use!

I didn't get nearly as much done on the truck as I wanted to this weekend. However, I did get the sliders sorted. I just need to finish weld them (ran out of gas in the welder) and weld them to the truck. Then it will be on to the back bumper...

IMG-20190119-134551-139.jpg

20190119-142246.jpg

20190120-205022.jpg

Oh, and I only lit myself on fire once so that is a plus!
IMG-20190119-175543-106.jpg

I like the sliders! Simple and effective.

And wait a second here...I thought the 40 was sold!! :eek:

Yesterday was rough... Between juggling work, family, and truck I was exhausted! I came home from work planning on taking a night off of welding to just relax. Well, that didn't happen. LOL!

I headed out to the garage to get the sliders all welded up.

IMG-20190121-220749-411.jpg

I decided that I would paint them before final fitting and welding them on the truck because I'm going to tuck them pretty close to the body and it would be hard to paint them once they are welded on. And that is when I became a victim of the 7 P's... I didn't have any primer or semi-gloss black paint...

So I drug my tired butt to Walmart at 9:30 to see what they had. I got lucky and was able to get it done around 12:30 this morning.

20190122-004953.jpg

Now I think I deserve a restful evening and I will get them on the truck tomorrow! LOL

Hey there’s no such thing as a restful evening you need to get these on the truck TONIGHT!! :flipoff2:

I've been sick the last couple of days, but I was able to sneak out to the garage and get the sliders done.

IMG-20190123-213255-165.jpg

I don't think I will have time to get the rear bumper done before my trip, so I'm going to wait on starting it and get going on the other stuff I need to take care of.

Buttoned up a couple small things this weekend:

1st up was installing my stereo and 2m Ham radio. Unfortunately, the old Kenwood stereo my BIL gave me is dead, so I will need to swap that out eventually. At least it is plugging the hole in the dash for the time being. LOL! For the 2m antenna, I was going to mount a 1/2 wave on the passenger side bed rail to match the CB antenna. I know this would make for dead spots and not the best ground plane, but I thought it would look the best. However once I got it all set up, the damn mount broke and I didn't have another one. My solution was to run my mag mount on the roof with my flexible 1/4 wave antenna. I'm going to have better reception with that anyway.

20190126-221633.jpg

20190126-222705.jpg

After that, I used the XL QuikFist clamps to mount my CO2 tank. I have decided on running a side box instead of a crossover toolbox in the bed, so the tank should be well protected.

20190126_231316.jpg

20190126_231325.jpg

20190126_231337.jpg

I leave Friday morning for my trip, so I will probably stop modifying and start figuring out where everything is going to go. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom