Cracked radiator need specific on replacement. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My hose leak wasn't a hose leak. The radiator is a replacement only 4 years old and although I requested a metal radiator apparently I got a plastic one.

What do I specify as a replacement so that I don't go through this again?

I don't know of any plastic rads that'll fit in a 60-series.

Maybe refresh what year cruiser you have ?

I'm guessing you don't have a plastic radiator. Most likely you have an aluminum or brass radiator with plastic end tanks. I haven't seen one for a cruiser yet so I'd be curious to learn what brand you currently have and suggest you post some pictures. Also for reference many cars run aluminum cores with plastic end tanks and they last for many years without issue

"What do I specify as a replacement so that I don't go through this again?"

I recently installed a radiator from CoolCruisers on my '87 FJ60 and it was a perfect fit. It's an aftermarket radiator but nearly identical to the OEM in my opinion. No issues so far.

I have used the brass radiator from 1800radiator as well as an aluminum champion one (3 row) with success. I personally prefer the aluminum radiator for its increased cooling abilities. Strange that you have a radiator with plastic tanks as I have never seen that on a cruiser. My audis on the other hand, they have aluminum radiator with plastic tanks and they last 150k+ miles before replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom