FJ62 Radiator Replacement - Automatic Trans (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I may have missed this in the threads, but curious if anyone has recommendations for replacement radiators for a 1989 FJ62 (automatic) which would require the trans coolant line hookup? Having a little trouble finding something online and in stock. I ordered a champion radiator but realized when it came in it didn't have the trans coolant line hookup.

Did you look at CSF or Mishimoto?
Those are the 2 that seem to be best after market option. But most of the sellers don't clearly state if trans cooler hookup is on the radiator, for example when I do see the CSF specification comment it states "Integrated transmission oil cooler when applicable."

I am paying closer attention to this now as the Champion radiator was marketed on JEGS as a 1981-1990 Land Cruiser radiator but didn't look close at the specifications that said no transmission cooler hookup until after I ordered. I don't think Champion makes a radiator for the automatic FJ62s from what I can gather.

Ordered this CSF, love the look of the polished aluminum. Will post an update after installed!

I got a CSF a few years ago, it cools fine but I had to pull it back out after just 2 weeks because it was leaking at the top seam. The shop fixed it of course but that's a lot of wasted time and effort... and a year later after the warranty was up I discovered it started leaking at the bottom seam. Not real happy about it.

My brass CSF leaked at the bottom seams. I rebuilt it and I’m using it in my 62 now, but no longer with a cooler since I went 5 speed.

Ordered this CSF, love the look of the polished aluminum. Will post an update after installed!

That’s an 80 series radiator.

Cancel it and spent a few more bucks and get a Mosley radiator. They advertise them for LS swaps but they can make them for stock trucks too if you email them.

55529A28-B3CC-45C5-BC76-0C4586AE6A9A.jpeg

thank you all for the feedback! I should have waited to order, likely go with the mishimito or the Mosley.

go with Mosley. I've installed both multiple times. The Mosley rad is nicer.

@FJ60Cam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom