Correct installation of lower radiator mount?

• Thread starter 1986blue60
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
1986blue60

1986blue60

I just replaced my original radiator with a new unit from city racer and I am having an issue with the radiator sitting too high. Currently I can’t even close the hood since it sits too high. I have been checking all the fsm and parts guide and can only come up with the lower radiator mounts being installed incorrectly. I have included a photo of how I currently have them installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5AA40A6A 2565 4DD5 AD17 B80CC2D3A82A

kevin in okinawa

kevin in okinawa

SILVER Star
By how much? Did you do a side-by-side comparison of the new bracketry with the old to confirm correctness? Is the bottom rubber isolator supposed to be below the frame-mounted bracket?

Gretsch

Gretsch

SILVER Star
Mine looks to be mounted just like yours OP. I cannot see any differences between yours and mine. Fits fine.

You have a link for the radiator you purchased? How are you able to tell it sits up too high? The top of the Radiator is not flush with the engine bay cross bar when mounted. It sits up a bit higher than that bar FYI. HTH.

kevin in okinawa

kevin in okinawa

SILVER Star
did you remove the bracket for the hood latch that bolts in front of the ac condenser? Is that not reinstalled correctly?

2mbb

2mbb

SILVER Star
bracket looks right. did you compare the old radiator to the new one dimensionally?

mongoose2231

mongoose2231

Supporting Vendor
I just did my radiator as well and my bracketry is installed exactly like yours..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom