Radiator Support Removal/AC Condensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am doing some work on the front of my FJ60 and need to remove the whole radiator support panel.

Before I start I just wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to do this without removing/disconnecting my AC condensor?

Want to avoid having to disconnect and refill/re-gas if possible...

I am doing some work on the front of my FJ60 and need to remove the whole radiator support panel.

Before I start I just wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to do this without removing/disconnecting my AC condensor?

Want to avoid having to disconnect and refill/re-gas if possible...
The A/C lines pass through an opening in the core support. It's unlikely unless you can perform major surgery on the opening to allow the lines pass out the bottom of the support.
SimS

I did some work on mine last summer, didn’t remove anything but worked all around the condenser and hoses. When I fired it up and let run I had the short line explode on me, as in I was grateful I was wearing safety glasses, I got soaked in 135 under several hundred psi. After looking at the damage I’d done realized not removing the ac lines and condenser I disturbed a crimped end that was old. Just enough to fail.

yeah, what Texas said, those a/c lines are delicate, and I wouldn't want to F one up. Just bite the bullet and disconnect them. If you need to "remove the whole radiator support panel" it's prudent to remove the a/c condensor also.

*remember to replace the o-rings when you reconnect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom