Correct installation of lower radiator mount? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

81Red60

SILVER Star
Threads
I just replaced my original radiator with a new unit from city racer and I am having an issue with the radiator sitting too high. Currently I can’t even close the hood since it sits too high. I have been checking all the fsm and parts guide and can only come up with the lower radiator mounts being installed incorrectly. I have included a photo of how I currently have them installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5AA40A6A-2565-4DD5-AD17-B80CC2D3A82A.jpeg

By how much? Did you do a side-by-side comparison of the new bracketry with the old to confirm correctness? Is the bottom rubber isolator supposed to be below the frame-mounted bracket?

Mine looks to be mounted just like yours OP. I cannot see any differences between yours and mine. Fits fine.

You have a link for the radiator you purchased? How are you able to tell it sits up too high? The top of the Radiator is not flush with the engine bay cross bar when mounted. It sits up a bit higher than that bar FYI. HTH.

did you remove the bracket for the hood latch that bolts in front of the ac condenser? Is that not reinstalled correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom