Continental TerrainContact A/T (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This thread is very helpful; I'm close to pulling the trigger for some new tires on a set of Rock Warriors I bought through the forum. I'm leaning toward these Conti's in 285/70/17

Nick

Last edited:
I’m now a little over 30k on these tires. They’re wearing pretty well, I’ve rotated every other oil change (or every 10k miles). Still riding good.

5F205D93-6E49-4531-A01A-1D80C68E8007.jpeg

8A0BAEE2-CF50-40CF-8A99-E88E383DBE59.jpeg

9078392B-B4BE-4876-8ED2-290E2B90CD9E.jpeg

0D8DCAD0-E31F-45A5-83C4-E4DE48C92401.jpeg

B6618CAE-49CC-40BA-B8E7-0D1563CE0B33.jpeg

Those really are holding up well. I rotate my tires every 5K, those are doing great for 10K intervals.

That same tire was one of three on my final list when I was tire shopping for our LX.

Good to know it was indeed a strong contender. I might consider them over my ultimate pick (Yokohama Geolandar) next go 'round.

Thanks for the performance follow ups.

Flint.

I’ve heard good things about those Geolanders as well — always glad to contribute to this forum, even if it’s small.

Not much other than some mud and gravel, no serious trails. As I mentioned, most of my driving is on road. I got the passenger rated (P) version of the tires, they still seem pretty beefy to me and would have no concerns taking them to do some mild off-roading – I'm itching to do that just haven't really had the time yet. I have been really impressed with the wet traction as well as how well they grip when braking – they grab really well. I've done a few rotations and they really have not worn much.

What is the "P" rated version of this tire? I see 2 versions in tirerack.

• Size:LT275/65R18 123/120S E
VS
  • Size:275/65R18 116T
  • UTQG:680 A B

The LT versions have thicker sidewalls and can carry heavier loads. They are also heavier. I went with the P metric and they’ve been great. I’m 2 years and almost 40k miles in on these. I’ll do another update soon.

No because I wanted an all terrain tire. The A/T version is really quiet on road but has a more aggressive tread pattern and sidewall design. I’m considering going up to the 275/70 R18 when these wear out as that’s what most folks here are running.

No because I wanted an all terrain tire. The A/T version is really quiet on road but has a more aggressive tread pattern and sidewall design. I’m considering going up to the 275/70 R18 when these wear out as that’s what most folks here are running.

What are the pros cons of the 65 vs 70 aspect ratio? Do both sizes fit on OEM wheels?

Even though its designated as an A/T tire, I think it the Terrain Contact A/T skews more towards a highway tire in tread design and overall performance. The A/T provides a quiet & compliant ride and very good wet handling. We just installed a set of these on our GX460 and they have been a much better choice over the stock Michelins that came with it; both ride, handling as well as the look. If my 100 (or 200) was a DD that occasionally saw some dirt roads or sand tracks these would be my choice.

What are the pros cons of the 65 vs 70 aspect ratio? Do both sizes fit on OEM wheels?
You get more ground clearance with the 70 but it only comes in the LT weight. I like the way the 70 looks on the 100 series, but the 65 has been a great tire for my use (I’d agree with everything @abuck99 said above).

I also have a set of these and love them. I am not constantly offroading, but they get a fair share of off pavement use for mountain biking, skiing (will find out in a few months on the snow performance aspect), and the occasional trail run. To me the reviews and how I use the rig, these were a better choice for me than the KO2, which is more dirt oriented, but the Conti tests and reviews seemed to say these would be better in the snow as well. I wanted an A/T tire and I would say these are A/T "light". A great all around'er. I have about 7,000 miles on mine in the same 275/65/18 size but not the LT rated ones. They are perfect for the look and job I need. up one size makes it look right with stock AHC suspension as well. They are wearing very well and look nearly new.

Cheers,
Jeff

I also have a set of these and love them. I am not constantly offroading, but they get a fair share of off pavement use for mountain biking, skiing (will find out in a few months on the snow performance aspect), and the occasional trail run. To me the reviews and how I use the rig, these were a better choice for me than the KO2, which is more dirt oriented, but the Conti tests and reviews seemed to say these would be better in the snow as well. I wanted an A/T tire and I would say these are A/T "light". A great all around'er. I have about 7,000 miles on mine in the same 275/65/18 size but not the LT rated ones. They are perfect for the look and job I need. up one size makes it look right with stock AHC suspension as well. They are wearing very well and look nearly new.

Cheers,
Jeff
I find these tires wear really well, I rotate mine every 10k and air them up to factory spec. I think you nailed it with “A/T light”. For my use, these are about perfect. Nice to see someone else using them.

Thread is helpful even for a 200 owner. Just dropping a quick thanks.

Hoping to see this exact type of write up for the LT version of 65/18 or 70/18 of this tire from someone.

I really want the tire, but I want it P rated and in 285/65/18 or 275/70/18. Obviously I'll need to compromise and may end up with OP's exact tires.

Last edited:
Thread is helpful even for a 200 owner. Just dropping a quick thanks.

Hoping to see this exact type of write up for the LT version of 65/18 or 70/18 of this tire from someone.

I really want the tire, but I want it P rated and in 285/65/18 or 275/70/18. Obviously I'll need to compromise and may end up with OP's exact tires.
You're very welcome. I've learned so much from this forum – it's nice to be able to give something back.

Cheers,
Jeff
Do you have them on your 100 or 200?

they're on my 100, but will prob put them on the 200 when the time comes, my 200, a 16 CPO rig came with Yokohama tires in the same size though... 275/65/18 (incorrect from stock) and they are a touch narrower and a tiny tiny bit taller than the stock 285/60's.

About 40k on them now. Still riding smooth and wearing fairly well. Mostly highway driving, but have a gravel driveway. 10k rotations.

F574DE34-6B90-4664-B608-BEB853FC6691.jpeg

5C4C6498-B167-41F7-88F5-CFD2C57A3FAC.jpeg

EEA7AD5D-F0C0-4B1D-8362-7969F2B5AF92.jpeg

AF16127B-8B2E-474D-A036-84D3F63B2D44.jpeg

Continental Terrain Contact A/T 275/65R18 116 T Tire

Is this the P version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom