Container coming from Japan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

I'm making a move from mainland Japan back to South Carolina at the end of February/beginning of March 2020. I'm going to be shipping a 20ft container of household goods that I won't be able fill.

As such, is there anything (particularly heavy items) anyone wants from Japan that I can ship back for them in my container?

I'll be shipping a decent number of parts for my own HZJ77 (MY BUILD) but figured that I could help some other people out while I'm at it.
I don't really know what to charge, but I'm willing to work out something that's fair to both of us. (I just want to try to off-set a little bit of the cost of the container, so I'm willing to go pretty low)

I can also help source parts from Toyota, or other vendors if you point me in the right direction.

MODS - I'm not sure exactly where to put this post. I'm not actually selling anything - so I didn't put it in the "classifieds" section, but I can move it there if you think it would fit there better.

Hello everyone,

I'm making a move from mainland Japan back to South Carolina at the end of February/beginning of March 2020. I'm going to be shipping a 20ft container of household goods that I won't be able fill.

As such, is there anything (particularly heavy items) anyone wants from Japan that I can ship back for them in my container?

I'll be shipping a decent number of parts for my own HZJ77 (MY BUILD) but figured that I could help some other people out while I'm at it.
I don't really know what to charge, but I'm willing to work out something that's fair to both of us. (I just want to try to off-set a little bit of the cost of the container, so I'm willing to go pretty low)

I can also help source parts from Toyota, or other vendors if you point me in the right direction.

MODS - I'm not sure exactly where to put this post. I'm not actually selling anything - so I didn't put it in the "classifieds" section, but I can move it there if you think it would fit there better.
Hey Pip!

I would ping @GreaseMonkeyJP about sticking non household goods in a household goods shipment. Just because Japan is very strict on packing things, you might have to take things and put them into your container on your own and pay taxes etc. Not sure your moving situation, for me my company pays someone to do it, so they will not pack non household goods(because....Japan), I have to arrange that separately into my container later. Anyways, just a heads up!

Hello everyone,

If this becomes A for sale thread, it will get moved.

You will have to prove the engine is at least 25 years old to legally import it.

21 years old for just the engine. Yes, I know that makes no sense. Try arguing with customs about it, it becomes even more baffling.

The engine falls under the EPA law, not the DOT law. Which is 25 years.

Can you find a 1HDT FT without trans and harness I’ll buy it
I have a friend that runs a used car garage that trawls the auctions, I'll see what he can find.
Do you have a price range in mind?

Last edited:
I have a friend that runs a used car garage that trawls the auctions, I'll see what he can find.
Do you have a price range in mind?

I just paid $6500 + shipping for an FT within 10-15psi of new specs (compression) out of England.

FYI

Cheers

I’d like a Toyota snorkel for by ‘88 BJ74. A used one would be fine.
I have a snorkel airbox already.
Would you need me to get part numbers?

I’d like a Toyota snorkel for by ‘88 BJ74. A used one would be fine.
I have a snorkel airbox already.
Would you need me to get part numbers?

Yeah, any part numbers you can give me would be much appreciated. I'll see what I can find otherwise

h150/h151 transmissions would likely be a good investment to purchase there and bring over. Very hard to find here.

I bet you could buy a bunch of accessories like floor mats, cup holders and roof racks and make your money back when you return.
I think used aftermarket non-ARB bumpers would sell too. I saw some cool ones on an auction site.
Might be too much hassle for you tho'.

I bet you could buy a bunch of accessories like floor mats, cup holders and roof racks and make your money back when you return.
I think used aftermarket non-ARB bumpers would sell too. I saw some cool ones on an auction site.
Might be too much hassle for you tho'.
Which floor mats, cup holders, and roof racks though? Most of those accessories come out of Australia, not Japan. Like, the rubber floor mats that everyone likes on MUD aren't even in the Japanese Toyota part number system. They're an Australian Original, that's only available in Australia. (I had to get a friend in Oz to bring a set to me when he was coming to Japan for a visit)

Suggestions are welcome though. I believe I'll have quite a bit of free space.

Wow! That is what I am looking for
but some MUD folks saw my earlier post and I now have a deal going here on this continent.
I am sorry you went to so much trouble.

Yes, I'd like the mirror covers.

Wow! That is what I am looking for
but some MUD folks saw my earlier post and I now have a deal going here on this continent.
I am sorry you went to so much trouble.

Yes, I'd like the mirror covers.
Haha, alright. well let me know if that deal falls through or you need anything else.
I ordered the mirror covers on the 6th, so hopefully they'll be here this week. I can send you some pics when I get them if you'd like? (and I may order myself a set as well)
No trouble, I've been looking for 70 related stuff for my own truck anyways~ ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom