Considering joining the LC family (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pass on those fly by night used car lot places.
I’d go private party.

I ended up going with a low mile 2014 GX 460. I couldn't justify the extra expense for the older vehicle with a ton more miles. There was one potential candidate LX 570 but it was 3 hrs away in Tulsa, so I went for the sure thing locally. Not sure I'm not already developing buyers remorse, lol. I should've made the drive to Tulsa. But what's done is done and this thing can tow, hold my family, and will run well beyond me being tired of it. By then the newer generations of LC will have come down in price a little. ;)

Seems like this forum is ok with the GX too?

GX is no land cruiser. Its nice but not on same level. I paid $32k for my 100k mile 2009 LC and put 200k miles since. Not everyone can handle a bruiser, its more for offroaders/overlanders and those who appreciate extremely fine engineering. The GX is nice and will get you a comfortable on road experience but will not last as long or be able to take a beating like the LC. IMO the 200 is the pinnacle of gas automotive engineering. The Rolex of SUVs, extremely high precision last forever even in harshest environments. When I was younger I used to love storm chasing in it. First day I bought it drove through a few foot flood in Chicago when no one else could drive on the highway, like a bat out of hell. My passenger was holding on for his dear life thinking we were going to die. It felt soo indestructible. I have many more stories over the years of how the LC ceases to amaze.

Last edited:
I ended up going with a low mile 2014 GX 460. I couldn't justify the extra expense for the older vehicle with a ton more miles. There was one potential candidate LX 570 but it was 3 hrs away in Tulsa, so I went for the sure thing locally. Not sure I'm not already developing buyers remorse, lol. I should've made the drive to Tulsa. But what's done is done and this thing can tow, hold my family, and will run well beyond me being tired of it. By then the newer generations of LC will have come down in price a little. ;)

The GX is a very nice vehicle without qualification. If it's the right size for you, it's a better vehicle.

It's like hammers, a bigger one can be better if you need the BFH. For everyday jobs, a standard size hammer is more agile and more efficient, and the GX is a finely crafted one at that.

The GX is a premium, larger, and more powerful 4runner after all, and many do more than get by with that.

The Gx is a great vehicle if the size and towing capabilities are adequate for your needs. I assume you have seen that there is a separate forum here for GX460 and GX470 that is fairly active, I imagine it can teach you a lot about your new truck. Enjoy the ride!

GX is a great choice…

For the wife! 😂

JK bro, enjoy it, its zippy and nimble compared to the 200. Made my sister buy one lol.

We've had three GX's, current one is our preferred around town car, better size for the trails too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom