Comprehensive list of what parts are interchangeable with an 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

96LandcruiserPJ

SILVER Star
Threads
I have seen lots of cool threads where folks have swapped out elements of other vehicles into their 80. In fact, my air conditioning dryer is a shorter one off of a newer Toyota - works fine and reduces the risk of shearing it off that the factory length had. I am sure I have seen steering wheels, some console parts, and plenty of suspension, tires and wheels. The LX seems like an obvious choice for substitution, but I have read that some parts are not interchangeable.

So, is there a comprehensive list of what elements, years and models can easily be swapped into an 80?

Bunch of ls400 parts:

105 series

Extended brake lines- witsend has a good extended brake line package using Toyota parts- years ago cdan posted some t100 brake lines that worked. Darkness compiled several part numbers and lengths into this thread post 19:
Ls400 visors:

Drive shafts:

Oil filters:

alternator:

Just about any 16”+ six lug Toyota wheel

Steering wheel:

100 series front brake pads

Tundra power steering cooler

Matrix power inverter:

Taco windshield washers

Taco antenna mod- post 10:

Fj60 hood prop works but has to be slightly bent to fit properly. - huddexpo sells an 80 series kit for $50 so buying a 60 series rod is irrelevant for now.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a thread with alternative models that have power window motors That bolt in the 80 series

I think this thread is a great idea.
I recently read on here that the power window motor plate from the 2nd Gen 4Runner is a direct fit into our 80 Series rigs and will help us solve the shaky mirror problem cheaply and with OEM parts.
The thread is here:

Yes there is a very comprehensive list consisting of 90 thousand threads containing 1.4 million posts.

80-Series Tech
1991-1997 -- FJ80, FZJ80, Lexus LX450 -- 80-series -- FZJ80.com
Threads 90K Messages 1.4M
:bang:
I don't understand responses like these, particularly on Mud. If it's not useful for you - move on. Why be negative???

I have seen lots of cool threads where folks have swapped out elements of other vehicles into their 80. In fact, my air conditioning dryer is a shorter one off of a newer Toyota - works fine and reduces the risk of shearing it off that the factory length had. I am sure I have seen steering wheels, some console parts, and plenty of suspension, tires and wheels. The LX seems like an obvious choice for substitution, but I have read that some parts are not interchangeable.

So, is there a comprehensive list of what elements, years and models can easily be swapped into an 80?

great post!

Thanks for all of the great feedback! This is exactly what I was hoping for. :)

If we’re lucky, and The Parts Shaman and The Land Cruiser Whisperer are feeling generous, they may add to this thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom