Club Meetings / Club Runs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am planning Classic Cruize 4 for MLK weekend

My buddy just bought an 80, has a few things to get fixed up but we will be ready to get out very soon. I'm always ready to go. I haven't planned any more runs because I am cursed as an organizer.

My buddy just bought an 80, has a few things to get fixed up but we will be ready to get out very soon. I'm always ready to go. I haven't planned any more runs because I am cursed as an organizer.
I liked the run you organized to Montana Mountain - don't get discouraged ! :cheers:

Anyone up for something this weekend? Was hoping to go play around at Rolls OHV but it looks like it may stay closed through Jan. Current closure was supposed to end 10th but...

@JunkCrzr89 is moving out of AZ next week so, we need to kick him out in style. @Roosevelt T @CruiseLanderAZ @TheGrrrrr @knewstance

(Plus, I finally fixed my 100!)

I could be up for something. Let me know what you are thinking once you have a plan.

I could be up for something. Let me know what you are thinking once you have a plan.

current plan is Rolls OHV, meeting at Butcher Jones at 9a Sat morning.... but i think rolls will stay closed :/

any other fun areas to goof off? We picks Rolls since it’s got lots of options to play on and the newbie/less built folks aren’t forced up something hard

Sunflower Mine Loop is not much further up the road, however it’s a more moderate rated trail. A bit too tough for a stock truck. Log Corral is a fun in to the lake and back out trail Also a little bit up the road. Has one slightly harder little water fall but I have seen most any type of vehicle manage it with good spotting and worse case a little tug or two from a strap. Fun trail ends down at the lake which is nice for lunch. Just a couple suggestions. Also I have not been out there but I thought the rolls was open except for the Butcher Jones access point - there are other ways in.

Anyone up for something this weekend? Was hoping to go play around at Rolls OHV but it looks like it may stay closed through Jan. Current closure was supposed to end 10th but...

@JunkCrzr89 is moving out of AZ next week so, we need to kick him out in style. @Roosevelt T @CruiseLanderAZ @TheGrrrrr @knewstance

(Plus, I finally fixed my 100!)
Brake fluid is leaking again. :bang:

I've replaced literally everything in that damn module, I'm at a loss... So I'm just gonna pay my buddy / mechanic to figure it out. Not sure if he can get it in before this weekend. :frown:

Currently feeding my Toyota truck collection beast this weekend. Trading the samurai for another 86 4x4, and hopefully putting a 83 Hilux behind the gate as well. So maybe next weekend! Log corral is a fun trail. If the river isn't too high, exit via the road below the dam might be possible.

Having just done a lot of work to repair the pin striping I had accumulated, I wasn't looking to jump straight back into the thicket. My buddy that would be coming along in the 80 he just picked up, probably needs to stay in the easy to moderate to get a feel for the truck and how it handles before tackling anything too technical. That shouldn't dissuade y'all from doing one of those other runs, it just means we may not tag along.

Having just done a lot of work to repair the pin striping I had accumulated, I wasn't looking to jump straight back into the thicket. My buddy that would be coming along in the 80 he just picked up, probably needs to stay in the easy to moderate to get a feel for the truck and how it handles before tackling anything too technical. That shouldn't dissuade y'all from doing one of those other runs, it just means we may not tag along.

I've got a similar group coming along (that aren't mud or CSC members). @CruiseLanderAZ s brother in a mostly stock 3rd gen 4runner and another in an FJ that isn't looking for anything crazy. So, Easy - Moderate is right what we're all shooting for.

We'll save Log Corral for another day, it looks like a blast

I've got a similar group coming along (that aren't mud or CSC members). @CruiseLanderAZ s brother in a mostly stock 3rd gen 4runner and another in an FJ that isn't looking for anything crazy. So, Easy - Moderate is right what we're all shooting for.

We'll save Log Corral for another day, it looks like a blast

I don't want to jinx things, but I would be open to doing Montana Mountain again if it isn't too far. I feel like its a really good, fun trail that's easy without being boring. I've done it a few times now but would be open to doing it again. I really like doing it counter-clockwise, going up the switchbacks. Honestly though, I'm good with whatever. Just want to get out.

The Rolls have been open since the day before Thanksgiving (it was announced as the Modified Bush Fire Closure Tonto National Forest - Alerts & Notices - https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/tonto/alerts-notices)

but you cannot access from Butcher Jones, that gate is closed - you'll have to access from either the Probrecito staging area (off of Bush Highway as it goes from Beeline awards Saguaro Lake, next to the boat overflow lot), or you can access from the staging areas along the lower part of Four Peaks Road

if you were to need proof, I have some pics from Thanksgiving day . . .

here's the official map: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd857162.pdf - the Sycamore and Sugarloaf areas, Mesquite Wash and Four Peaks Road proper remain closed

The Rolls have been open since the day before Thanksgiving (it was announced as the Modified Bush Fire Closure Tonto National Forest - Alerts & Notices - https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/tonto/alerts-notices)

but you cannot access from Butcher Jones, that gate is closed - you'll have to access from either the Probrecito staging area (off of Bush Highway as it goes from Beeline awards Saguaro Lake, next to the boat overflow lot), or you can access from the staging areas along the lower part of Four Peaks Road

if you were to need proof, I have some pics from Thanksgiving day . . .

here's the official map: https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd857162.pdf - the Sycamore and Sugarloaf areas, Mesquite Wash and Four Peaks Road proper remain closed
1610508049445.png

and the tonto website still shows Rolls as closed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom