Clean solutions for securing water bottles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, ordered one too!

Still waiting for this to ship - @bhicks , is there a hold-up?

Thanks.
The unpainted raw plastic ones ship same day or next day (depending on when the order was placed). The smooth painted ones take a few days. We have them all in stock but don't do the paint until the order is placed. that is how we do it for all of our products. Too many parts get dusty or damaged in the shop if they are painted ahead of time. We paint them and send them directly from the spray booth to shipping (once they are fully cured). The inserts get sanded, polished, acetoned and then primed on day 1. Then 2 coats of the flat black on day 2 and then left to cure for 24-48 hours. Humidity and air temp will determine the 24-48 hour window. We usually ship on the 3rd to 4th day after an order is placed if it has to go to paint. Our painter doesn't work on the weekends so I personally paint on Saturday and Sunday to keep the assembly line moving during the weekend. Sorry for the delay but it's the best way to get you an unblemished part from our little shop. We just don't have the space to have prepackaged carefully laid out painted parts. With them not being painted ahead of time we can just toss them in labeled open bins and not worry about them clanking around or getting dirty, scratched, etc.

The unpainted raw plastic ones ship same day or next day (depending on when the order was placed). The smooth painted ones take a few days. We have them all in stock but don't do the paint until the order is placed. that is how we do it for all of our products. Too many parts get dusty or damaged in the shop if they are painted ahead of time. We paint them and send them directly from the spray booth to shipping (once they are fully cured). The inserts get sanded, polished, acetoned and then primed on day 1. Then 2 coats of the flat black on day 2 and then left to cure for 24-48 hours. Humidity and air temp will determine the 24-48 hour window. We usually ship on the 3rd to 4th day after an order is placed if it has to go to paint. Our painter doesn't work on the weekends so I personally paint on Saturday and Sunday to keep the assembly line moving during the weekend. Sorry for the delay but it's the best way to get you an unblemished part from our little shop. We just don't have the space to have prepackaged carefully laid out painted parts. With them not being painted ahead of time we can just toss them in labeled open bins and not worry about them clanking around or getting dirty, scratched, etc.

Sounds good.

I guess I was misled by the following:

I got the first batch of the 200 inserts up on my website now. Sorry for the crappy pics. I will get better pics of them installed and in use in a 200 once the first batch gets sent out and folks send in installed pics. Should be about a week before I have better pics. I have both finish options available on my site. You can order the raw plastic 3D printed finish or the hand sanded, polished, and painted finish. I have a handful of each in stock. If I do sell out quickly; I will restock within 48 hours. Just be patient. I don't know if these will be big sellers or not. I will do my best to keep up with demand.

When I read "I have a handful of each in stock" I thought that meant you had some of each available for immediate shipment. Guess I was wrong.

Thanks for the clarification.

Sold out ... AGAIN ?!?!?!

I guess I was misled by the following:

When I read "I have a handful of each in stock" I thought that meant you had some of each available for immediate shipment. Guess I was wrong.

Thanks for the clarification.
That was correct. For the first batch I had a few of the smoothed out versions in stock and ready to go. I thought most folks would want the 3D printed finish so I had quite a few of those but after the first wave of orders were placed I realized I was very wrong. All but 2 ordered the smoothed finish so I actually needed a lot more of those. The ones printed ahead of time with the 3D printed surface had to them go through the 3-4 day paint process. I simply guessed poorly on which option I thought you guys were going to want.

Last edited:
Sold out ... AGAIN ?!?!?!
Unfortunately, yes. I will restock again tomorrow. 3D printing is a slow process. I currently have 53 machines on my assembly line but most are busy printing other products. I was only able to pull 7 machines off the line to print the 200 Series inserts. In order to get these as smooth as possible I have to print at slower speeds with thinner layers. Each print takes 19 hours which means each machine can roughly do one set of inserts per day. 7 total per day. I already ordered a couple more machines to increase this number a bit. If we have a slow week then I may be able to pull a bunch more machines over to the 200 series prints and get way ahead of the curve. If I would have known there would be this much demand, I would have made a WAY larger batch before I released these.

If I would have known there would be this much demand, I would have made a WAY larger batch before I released these.

Nah, you mean, you would have charged WAY more ;)

Always add the 200 tax!!!

Wow, this community is incredible. I've had my new truck for a few weeks now and my biggest complaint has been my coffee mug rattling around on my way to work. Great to see a product to address this obvious deficiency! Thanks for the hard work and responsiveness.

Now... RESTOCK! 😉

Lunchtime delivery. The raw 3D printed finish is actually quite nice; it’ll largely be hidden anyhow. I have already hacked this one up (pre-hacking in pic) in an effort to create a place to hold my phone in between the cup holders. An iPhone XR with a super slim case is going to be a very, very tight fit (my old Samsung died this week, which was smaller). So my idea is going to be very phone specific, I don’t think it’s something that makes sense for production. I’ll finish sanding by hand after work and see if the holder makes sense. 50/50 I order another set due to end result not quite working out. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1951573

Lunchtime delivery. The raw 3D printed finish is actually quite nice; it’ll largely be hidden anyhow. I have already hacked this one up (pre-hacking in pic) in an effort to create a place to hold my phone in between the cup holders. An iPhone XR with a super slim case is going to be a very, very tight fit (my old Samsung died this week, which was smaller). So my idea is going to be very phone specific, I don’t think it’s something that makes sense for production. I’ll finish sanding by hand after work and see if the holder makes sense. 50/50 I order another set due to end result not quite working out. 🤷‍♂️

Good idea.

Straight 3D printed only does look super nice as is.
In my head, my rationale for the smoothed, painted one is more about easier cleaning of smoothed surface...but without seeing one in person, that’s just me guessing. Curious what you think.

I guess another easy remedy is popping them right into the dishwasher any time and be good to go without worrying over little textured stuff.

Anyway... Well done. Looking forward to receiving mine tomorrow.

Good idea.

Straight 3D printed only does look super nice as is.
In my head, my rationale for the smoothed, painted one is more about easier cleaning of smoothed surface...but without seeing one in person, that’s just me guessing. Curious what you think.

I guess another easy remedy is popping them right into the dishwasher any time and be good to go without worrying over little textured stuff.

Anyway... Well done. Looking forward to receiving mine tomorrow.

Fair question. The texture isn't that significant. No more difficult to wipe down and clean than a plastic cutting board from what I can tell. No reason a damp paper or microfiber towel wouldn't get the job done in one or two wipes. And ya, dishwasher would certainly be an option.

Unfortunately, yes. I will restock again tomorrow. 3D printing is a slow process. I currently have 53 machines on my assembly line but most are busy printing other products. I was only able to pull 7 machines off the line to print the 200 Series inserts. In order to get these as smooth as possible I have to print at slower speeds with thinner layers. Each print takes 19 hours which means each machine can roughly do one set of inserts per day. 7 total per day. I already ordered a couple more machines to increase this number a bit. If we have a slow week then I may be able to pull a bunch more machines over to the 200 series prints and get way ahead of the curve. If I would have known there would be this much demand, I would have made a WAY larger batch before I released these.

No worries man. I can wait !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom