For Sale Cincinnati, Ohio - 1996 - FZJ80 - Triple Locked - No Reserve Ebay Auction - Part 2 (Electric Boogaloo) - Ending Sept 10th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Outside Link
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175883047779
My Time Has Come..... *Cue the 'Final Countdown' Song*. I've been going back and forth of letting my baby go... but alas... it is time.... the auction ends 9pm (EST) (Sept 10th).

Triple lockers (the holy grail of this model). I recently had some maintenance work done from Blair’s Garage (specializes in Land Cruiser work) but no longer have room for this truck now that I’m moving. She is beautiful (if not a little bit rough) and I get compliments everywhere I take her. I have been a user on IH8MUD forums since 2006 (ugh… I feel old now…).

It became a car that I would drive once every other week on Sunday. I know, a waste of money just sitting in the driveway but I use to be crazy about this vehicle which made it difficult to come to terms about getting rid of it.

A Video of the LC:

The Good:
-201K Miles
-You don't have to worry about the Head Gasket, it has been replaced!
-Replaced Catalytic Converter approx 15k miles ago
-Rebuilt Front Axle about 35k miles ago
-New Rotors and Front calipers, within 30k miles ago.
-I believe the AC has become discharged but the system doesn’t have rust
-unique one of a kind TJM Bullbar (this has two rusted spot underneath which can’t be seen from the top and the lights have been removed and one rubber piece is missing)
-Locking Differentials that work with no hesitation
-Replaced Radiator approx 15k miles ago
-Replaced PHH, approx 5k miles ago
-Religiously replaced oil every 3k with that synthetic blend
-Replaced Head Unit
-One of the rear o2 sensors were recently replaced, I don't remember which one offhand
-ABS Light on, but the sensors were pulled and cleaned
-Spark plug wires just replaced
-Leather seats cleaned but they are starting to wear (seat adjuster needs the plastic cap)
-decent number of pinstripes, the paint doesn't have that same glossy look it had before but overall looks fine
-Kumho Ventures, a bunch of tread left (didn't get many chances to take it offroad)
-2" lift, two Coil Springs from FJ100 - OME 100R Rear Coil Springs - Old Man Emu Lift 2” lift (meant to install it but didn’t get around to it).
-Blue castor correction bushings (not installed sitting in a box)
-Extended diff breather tubes
-Resistor mod for linear temperature gauge
-New spark plugs 5k ago
-New distributor and cap 5k ago
-New spark plug wires
-replaced wiper motor
-new windshield
-new power steering pump, doesn’t have that noise like other trucks this year
-new antenna mount
-replaced mass air flow connector

The maybe: I may still have some of the following but I can't promise it since my garage is now a mess
-New PCV and that other hose that goes to valve cover (in box)
-New Alternator Brushing

The bad?

- ABS light is on, we had all but one ABS sensor cleaned, it's that last one that needs to be cleaned or replaced (has happened before).
- The threads on the plastic screw cap for the worm gear that controls the seat adjustment has worn threads so it pops out when you adjust the seat. You'll need to buy new caps or glue them in place if you want to adjust the seat reliably (common problem for this year)
- The handle for the back latch is broken, the plastic and metal part, you'll need to replace this but just a couple of screws
- You can see the typical surface rust down under and a spot on the hood.
- There is an exhaust noise, is a hole and/or mount broken.
- One speaker missing from third row (removed to replace it as it got blown, and then never got to it).
- The Clear coat is starting to fail/failing on the hood and the roof and above a wheel well. Took it to a paint expert who measure between 1.7-2mm of paint left on hood and roof, and 2.2-3mm of paint everywhere else. While the hood can be replaced or repainted (there is a bit of rust on it) & the roof can be repainted, the tech mentioned it would’nt be the same color and recommended wrapping the car instead, or theoretically whole car could be repainted.

Overall runs great and has been babied. Sad to get rid of it but just don't have time for it in my life anymore

Comes with Owners manual along with Hayes repair guide. Two keys and one remote. Key 1 and remote are OEM - Key 2 is a not OEM.

We also have other videos of driving around, turning it on and off, and pressing ALL THE BUTTONS! (in the dropbox link below), along with more pictures that highlights everything closely.

1996 Land Cruiser - Triple Lockers - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/xrd5qczj99iv3vagjruv9/h?rlkey=0rw3oo4yvuq4vy6ns22wetevi&dl=0

IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3894.jpeg

IMG_3868.jpeg

IMG_3876.jpeg

IMG_3908.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm interested if it didnt sell.
Welp, sorry I didn't see this until now. It has been relisted on eBay - but with no reserve.... so it shall sell.... let the games begin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom