For Sale Lansing, MI: 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 Triple Locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Black
Clean title. Factory triple locked. New locking front differential installed at 151k miles. Black package (chrome mirrors and door handles). Rusty but trusty.

When I was five years old, my dad, not wanting to be seen driving his kids to school in a minivan, bought this Land Cruiser. I took a shine to it immediately. The Crusher, as it was affectionately dubbed, has been a fixture in my life for over 20 years. It's been mostly good times, even if I did spend a year in high school hitting the starter three times with a broomstick whenever I needed to go somewhere (the starter has since been replaced). When I was rear-ended on the way to my driver's test, the Crusher didn't get so much as a scratch (the guy who hit us got a square hole in his front bumper from the trailer hitch, though). This was the car I drove to get my driver's license on my sixteenth birthday and has been my daily driver ever since. It's in photos from my high school and college graduations, my engagement, and, to my spouse's annoyance, our wedding.

Unfortunately, it's time to let the old girl go. It needs some work that I can't afford to do at the moment, so I'm hoping to find it a good home. In particular, it needs new brakes, but I've already acquired parts and will pass them along. There is also a good bit of rust and some issues from that which will need to be addressed soon. Replaced the alternator in 2022 and the radiator in early 2023. Random bonus, the air conditioning is great. Runs well. If I could, I would keep this car for another 20 years.

$4500 OBO.

(Sidebar, don't mind the fact that there's no battery in the engine bay photo. It has one; it works fine. I took it out to clean off some crud and forgot to put it back before I took the picture.)

IMG_8344.jpg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom