Builds Chef's FJ45LWB-PU (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Later in the week after we met @Chef as he was released he got to drive his FJ45 for the first time. @theSherpa and Alan took a stroll to see some of his band members and he got to share his new ride..

chefband.jpg

chef1stdrive.jpg

I was thinking the same thing when I heard of Alan's passing, Nolen. What you guys did for Chef was amazing, what a sendoff. Sending y'all a big virtual Cruiserhead hug from Texas. RIP, Chef!

Alan Loshbaugh Celebration of life.. June 4th, 2021
Here is what I know so far..
Rose Music Hall - https://rosemusichall.com/
1013 Park Ave, Columbia, MO 65201
The Fried Crawdaddies - Friday, June 4 - Rose Park - https://rosemusichall.com/event/the-fried-crawdaddies-2/

Doors open at 5pm, event starts at 5:30.

Not sure if dog friendly the whole time, they do have a dog allowed during happy hour note on their website Rules & Procedures | Rose Music Hall - https://rosemusichall.com/rules-procedures/

I will do my best to find out more. Annie wasn’t a huge fan of big crowds anyway and I will probably not bring Roo.

I will try and purchase a block of tickets ahead of time.

Please share with those that might be interested in attending.

Thank you all..

Erik and Steve.

FriedCrawdaddies-RosePark-Web.jpg

For those out of town and want to listen to chefs band mates share stories, please tune into kbia.org at 8 central this evening Sunday May 30th.

Screenshot_20210529-132752_Facebook.jpg

What an emotional roller coaster. I almost clicked on a crying emoji, but then decided that it was lame. No words suffice. But I will say Alan couldn’t have asked for or gotten better friends that Eric and Steve. I’ve had the pleasure to meet all of them, to talk with Alan on numerous occasions back when he was president of TLCA, and to have had Steve reach out to me, someone he hardly knew, in my darkest hour, almost 16 years ago.

You guys rocked then, you rock now, and you will always rock. God bless.

Damn. I have been putting a ton of work into my 60 for the last 3 or 4 weeks and haven't been on MUD much except for a few posts in the 60 section. I had no idea of Alan's passing until I got a call from Mark today. Alan and I would PM each other and share about life many years ago when we were both going through tougher times and we were also fans of each others builds back in the day as well as today. Eric and Steve, good on both of you for being true friends and showing that in the way you poured yourselves into Alan's 45. What a gift you gave to him getting his Cruiser beautifully restored and running before he left us. This is the season we are in now right? A few decades ago it was our parents and the parents of our friends, and now it's our generation. What a reminder to make each day count, to be gracious and kind and reach out in a different way than we did even just 15 years back. My hat's off to you both Eric and Steve. Well done my friends. Chef, you will be missed.

Long overdue update to this vehicle.. Not much to report on any wrenching. @theSherpa has managed to put a couple hours of drive time on her. I picked up a clean early blower for the heater so we can finally plumb that. It wanders some on the road so some steering adjustments need to be made. We plan on installing the sniper setup this fall and hope to put it away for winter hibernation once the snow hits..

One update..
Thanks the the TAC Family and Kelly Holloway and I am sure others.. A travel grant was announced. Details are here..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na1Dkci9CXE
I have started a thread on IH8MUD in the Tornado Alley forum for those that might be interested in joining us.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/.../relic-run-april-2022.1265763/
If you want to learn more about the history of TAC and Chef stories then join us at the Relic Run. Plan to bring Chef's 45 to the event and am hoping his sister can join us for the event.
I miss you brother @Chef I know your looking down and giving that little shrug and probably saying "that's excellent, exactly why you are the correct person to care for my 45"

That is just so unbelievably fitting for the rig. When you told me it brought up tears.....

What a great way to honor him and Annie.

Baby pictures.. The beginning of an @OPMACHINE FJ45 rear bumper. I will share all the details as the parts become a bumper.

rearbumper lazer cut 2.28.2022.jpeg

Out of one rabbit hole, and into another!😛

Baby pictures of the rear bumper coming together. Thank you @OPMACHINE for sending progress pics! That welding table, Wow.
so for those playing along at home.. There are 2 part #'s for the license plate lights.
81270-60101 has 2 wires, a ground and a positive
81270-60090 has power only and grounds thru the housing.

image0.jpg

bumperparts 3.22.2022.jpeg

licenseplatelight bumper.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom