Caster Plates for 3” Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ll be putting an icon 3” stage 1 lift on my 1997 LC and I’m torn between just using the caster correction bushings or going with caster plates and new OEM rubber bushings.
If I were to go with caster plates what range/size should I be looking for? It seems like most I’m seeing online at for 4” + kits.

I would install, let it settle, then get an alignment to measure the amount of caster you need. Not everyone gets the same lift off the same springs depending on your weight.

What he said. 👆 👆 👆 👆

And remember there are multiple options for correcting caster.

@eimkeith sells a sweet drop bracket.

Plus there is the often ignored option of offset trunion bearings. A great way to go if your also due for a knuckle service.

I’ve been getting front end vibration from the OME polyurethane bushings, so my rig is at the shop having stock rubber bushings and Land Tank caster correction plates installed. He says he’s never had good luck with only using offset bushings for caster correction.

I’ve been getting front end vibration from the OME polyurethane bushings, so my rig is at the shop having stock rubber bushings and Land Tank caster correction plates installed. He says he’s never had good luck with only using offset bushings for caster correction.
What size lift? 2.5 caster plates?

I also run Land Tank 2.5" plates on my 3" lift. Very happy with the results. (I believe I'm just below 3 degrees of caster and I have almost exactly 3" lift up front and just below 4" in the rear)

Install the suspension and drive it to settle, measure your lift and get a caster reading. Making the call on plates should be pretty straightforward with that information in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom