Carolina Relic Run 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If anything, I would get a pair of sliders before any other toys. Expect some rear bumper scars...it is the first item to bleed on a stock 200. Ask me how I know?

How do you know?

Never mind I don’t care.

@afgman786 Sliders for the win. Doesn't matter where you go, just a good idea. You can do much of URE w/o them, but you can do much more with them.

EDIT: We have lots of rocks at URE. Rockers are $$$$ to repair. Sliders are cheaper.

@JohnVee @apinti I won't be able to get the sliders in on time for the trail ride... I've already scarred the front and rear bumper to welcome her to a long harsh life. I wish I knew well in advance I'd be able to make this trip, because I would've ordered a set to have them in on time.

Thinking of at least getting KO2s so I have better traction and can air down. Lower the risk of sliding off a rock and smacking something I could've avoided with grip. Learned that at flagpole when the tires slid off the rock shelf and smacked my rear LCA

@afgman786 Go on an 'easy' trail like Wolf Den or Falls Dam. You can do them without armor in a stock truck. Get the feel for the URE terrain and decide if you wanna risk it on the other trails. There'll be plenty of open seats if you decide you wanna copilot after that. My best advice is to ride shotgun with somebody going out Thursday or Friday, especially a local. They'll know what you can do with a stock truck depending on your level of damage acceptance. Look for me, I'll take you.

@afgman786 Go on an 'easy' trail like Wolf Den or Falls Dam. You can do them without armor in a stock truck. Get the feel for the URE terrain and decide if you wanna risk it on the other trails. There'll be plenty of open seats if you decide you wanna copilot after that. My best advice is to ride shotgun with somebody going out Thursday or Friday, especially a local. They'll know what you can do with a stock truck depending on your level of damage acceptance. Look for me, I'll take you.

Appreciate it man! Definitely would ride with whoever has open seats for the relic run portion and was thinking the same thing with starting on easy trails and scoping out how tough of a terrain I can go on. I'm one that enjoys a challenge, especially if I can accept a challenge and be able to back out if it's worse than I expected.
I bought the 200 with full plans of banging her up a bit as long as nothing important breaks.

I started off as a joke/iffy about going. But I'm definitely in now! Already took off and put aside money for tires

I’ve never dragged a 200 up Danial!!!!

That could make for a very long day.
And we won't be this time either... Let's see if we can drag ourselves up it 1st.

Appreciate it man! Definitely would ride with whoever has open seats for the relic run portion and was thinking the same thing with starting on easy trails and scoping out how tough of a terrain I can go on. I'm one that enjoys a challenge, especially if I can accept a challenge and be able to back out if it's worse than I expected.
I bought the 200 with full plans of banging her up a bit as long as nothing important breaks.

I started off as a joke/iffy about going. But I'm definitely in now! Already took off and put aside money for tires
Personally, I might look to put the tire money into sliders. Though, you probably missed the window for anything other than sliders from a company that has them ready on the shelf. It takes 6-8 weeks to get powder coated sliders built and shipped.

@Stumpalama that's what I'm thinking that I missed the window for sliders. I'll reach out tomorrow and see if there's any chance having them a few days before leaving.. if not I won't be as reckless with the 200

looking at the vehicle inspection checklist, I see I need to get a fire extinguisher and first aid kit right? I'm assuming I will need these if I want to take part in the 1100 - 1700 Trail ride they have posted on the agenda for the weekend.

looking at the vehicle inspection checklist, I see I need to get a fire extinguisher and first aid kit right? I'm assuming I will need these if I want to take part in the 1100 - 1700 Trail ride they have posted on the agenda for the weekend.
Yes. You will need them. Costco sells fire extinguishers and the price is OK.

White Knuckle is able to fulfill my order and have my sliders shipped out on the 12th giving me time to paint/install!!!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:
@JohnVee looks like I'll be looking to you to help me test out these sliders! :steer:

Yes. You will need them. Costco sells fire extinguishers and the price is OK.

Does it need to be mounted properly too? Or can I just have it stuffed in the passenger footwell or something simple like that?

Does it need to be mounted properly too? Or can I just have it stuffed in the passenger footwell or something simple like that?
You should already have a first aid kit with your truck and the extinguisher I think I mounted it by the back seat on the DS. You don't want it loose in the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom