Cargo barriers - What do you recommend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Drake2 can I get one of these?? s***. Got all excited and then read won't work with an 04 LX470.
Sorry, not a ton of selection. I started with 30 of them and I sold 2 prior to today. With retail of $708 each.....$21,240 worth of inventory. Clearly I did not pay that for them because I was helping a friend out but I would sell them all for like $50 each if someone bought the whole bundle just to move them out of my shop. If they had a good place to store them and time to sell them one at a time they could make a good deal of money.

Sorry, not a ton of selection. I started with 30 of them and I sold 2 prior to today. With retail of $708 each.....$21,240 worth of inventory. Clearly I did not pay that for them because I was helping a friend out but I would sell them all for like $50 each if someone bought the whole bundle just to move them out of my shop. If they had a good place to store them and time to sell them one at a time they could make a good deal of money.

I'll buy them if you want to sell the entire lot.

The Raingler isn't a bad choice, but you will not be mounting things like an axe or fire extinguisher to it like you can with the rigid barriers.
View attachment 2307041

I have yet to see a closeup of where those straps tie off to. Obviously one set goes into the tops of the seat belts but the uppermost and two lowers I cannot see. Do you have any closeup photos of yours?

Or you can save some money and get a little creative

30DD2521-8B49-481C-820A-3BF60D38EC11.jpeg

I have yet to see a closeup of where those straps tie off to. Obviously one set goes into the tops of the seat belts but the uppermost and two lowers I cannot see. Do you have any closeup photos of yours?
I didn't follow the Raingler install guide and went down my own path. The way Raingler suggests you install the net will either wrap it around the backseat or angle the net backwards an awkward amount.

1. Starting from the top - I purchased the net kit for rigs without the rear handles (even though I have the handles). This provided me with a set of D Ring straps that Raingler suggests installing at the top of the C-pillar, above the seatbelt. I simply mounted that strap further back. I did not want to use the handles because the net gets tilted further back than I like and am dreaming up other uses for the handles.
C100 Stainless D-Ring Strap Set for Cargo Nets or Anchors

2. I also ordered this Square ring strap assembly and mounted it using existing threaded holes under the rear window. I am not sure what the tread size or pitch is, but I used the bolts from my subwoofer enclosure when I removed it. Raingler suggests using the upper seatbelt mount for this straps mount.

3. Instead of using the seatbelt bracket on the pillar, I used it at the floor. This replaces a 1/2" hole and plastic toggle assembly Raingler suggests you drill through the lower panel. The way Raingler suggests would work, but you would have to get new plastic toggles every time you remove the panel. Since I have aftermarket wiring behind that panel, I found another way.

4. The new mounting method resulted in excessive loose webbing. I looped the top and bottom straps through the D ring mounts and buckled them together using this buckle which helped close that gap my dogs can squeeze through.
Sea to Summit Field Repair Buckle

1587654735861.png

Bumping this. I would love to find a barrier like the Speski version where it only covers the top portion of the cargo area passageway. Is that the only option for that configuration? I need one for a road trip in a few weeks.

Bumping this. I would love to find a barrier like the Speski version where it only covers the top portion of the cargo area passageway. Is that the only option for that configuration? I need one for a road trip in a few weeks.
I know that @NLXTACY is working on getting the 100 series version dialed in from that last I talked with him. Hopefully COVID didn't delay things too much.

I know that @NLXTACY is working on getting the 100 series version dialed in from that last I talked with him. Hopefully COVID didn't delay things too much.
I would LOVE that, but I know he is busy with a million other cool projects/products as well.

I didn't follow the Raingler install guide and went down my own path. The way Raingler suggests you install the net will either wrap it around the backseat or angle the net backwards an awkward amount.

1. Starting from the top - I purchased the net kit for rigs without the rear handles (even though I have the handles). This provided me with a set of D Ring straps that Raingler suggests installing at the top of the C-pillar, above the seatbelt. I simply mounted that strap further back. I did not want to use the handles because the net gets tilted further back than I like and am dreaming up other uses for the handles.
C100 Stainless D-Ring Strap Set for Cargo Nets or Anchors

2. I also ordered this Square ring strap assembly and mounted it using existing threaded holes under the rear window. I am not sure what the tread size or pitch is, but I used the bolts from my subwoofer enclosure when I removed it. Raingler suggests using the upper seatbelt mount for this straps mount.

3. Instead of using the seatbelt bracket on the pillar, I used it at the floor. This replaces a 1/2" hole and plastic toggle assembly Raingler suggests you drill through the lower panel. The way Raingler suggests would work, but you would have to get new plastic toggles every time you remove the panel. Since I have aftermarket wiring behind that panel, I found another way.

4. The new mounting method resulted in excessive loose webbing. I looped the top and bottom straps through the D ring mounts and buckled them together using this buckle which helped close that gap my dogs can squeeze through.
Sea to Summit Field Repair Buckle

View attachment 2307913

I’m a little jealous and I wish this post was up last year before I installed mine. I installed my Raingler net following their “instructions” and it looks pretty bad. Yours came out great! With the top mount at the top of the column like instructed, the whole net bends forward over the headrests and disforms them. Grownups in the second row hit their head on it. Plus, the mount is a PITA to install in that location, your spot looks much more clear.

Also, using the top seatbelt mount as they say to, I’m not able to put my plastic cover back on (so it looks pretty poor) and the button to raise/lower the belt doesn’t really work.

I might pull my panels off when I get a chance and try your method, much cleaner.

Thanks for posting!

I’m a little jealous and I wish this post was up last year before I installed mine. I installed my Raingler net following their “instructions” and it looks pretty bad. Yours came out great! With the top mount at the top of the column like instructed, the whole net bends forward over the headrests and disforms them. Grownups in the second row hit their head on it. Plus, the mount is a PITA to install in that location, your spot looks much more clear.

Also, using the top seatbelt mount as they say to, I’m not able to put my plastic cover back on (so it looks pretty poor) and the button to raise/lower the belt doesn’t really work.

I might pull my panels off when I get a chance and try your method, much cleaner.

Thanks for posting!
Your experience with the Raingler was exactly what I wanted to avoid. It is surprising that Raingler doesn't suggest a cleaner install since the actual net is built quite nice.

Are you selling them individually?

Figured I'd just resurrect this thread vs starting my own... Any updates or recent installments to add to the question of "ultimate barrier for 100 series?" wondering what it might take to modify and adapt an 80 series Speski to work in a 100? I'm not too bad with a welder 🤔

What year 100? I designed barriers for 98-02. @NLXTACY should have those available again after he figures out who will build the mounting brackets.
Mines an 01

@NLXTACY is this endeavor still in progress?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom