carb done (w/ pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
sup fellas,

so i finished the carb up last night, and finally got a flash card reader so i could upload some pics.

here's a nice before:
carbbefore.jpg

it took a while, but the majority of the gunk came off. i'm thinking bout takin some of the rusty stuff off and wire brushing it (old school style, not side grinder, ha ha.).

other than that, she's done.

after:
carbafter.jpg

i'm pretty pumped. i really enjoyed takin it apart, puttin it back together, and stuff.

stuff = not feelin my face b/c of inhalin too many cleaner and thinner fumes. ha ha.

malphrus

Are we going to be seeing a thread in a day saying "Hey, I took my carb apart and now it doesn't run? :doh: I'm just playing. I'm going to do the same thing here pretty soon. I actualy bought a used carb and two rebuild kits. I'm going to practice on the used carb and then give it a go with mine.

hows about you rebuild one for me now!

Posting up your triumph before running it is bad luck. :eek:

Carb dip would do a better job of cleaning it and it won't give you a bad buzz with a head ache from inhaling all the fumes.

hey,

triumph for me is not losing too many parts, aight? ha ha.

yeah, i figure i still got a ways to go on gettin back in and adjusted, but whatever.

i hope these weren't supposed to go back in there:
oops.jpg

oh and my junk was barely running before i pulled it, soo it wouldn't change much if it didn't work anyways. ha ha.

malphrus

oh, jp, i'll holler at ya sometime this week. it's still a possibility, but some stuff has come up.

hey jp,

you need to post up some pics of your cruiser.

guys, it's really nice lookin. in fact, i almost got in it thinkin it was mine. ha ha, right...

oh, and tewlman, just buy a rebuild kit for your carb. spending the 20-25 bucks will motivate you to do it yourself.

it was really a lot fun. i understand what all goes on a lot better now.

y'all have a good one, gotta get some sleep for class tomorrow,

malphrus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom