Is this a stock carb? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a '77. There is no air cleaner on it. Want to pick one up. I'm guessing this isn't the stock carb. Or if it is, it's finish has held up remarkably well over the years. I can't find a model number, only the serial. Is there somewhere special I can order an air cleaner for this, or should I contact Weber and ask them. Will be posting more pictures soon of the vehicle. Have a bunch of questions.

IMG_8748.jpg

IMG_8747.jpg

IMG_8746.jpg

IMG_8744.jpg

I hadn't. Never really worked a car before. Assumed there were quite a few different types of Weber carbs so figured I'd ask here first then check with Weber to see what would fit. Thanks for the link. I found the bottom chromed plate, with the cutout, in between the seats. Was wondering what it was for. I guess there was an air cleaner at one point. Not sure why they got rid of it but I'll purchase this new one.

Well OK then. LC's are a good one to learn on IMHO - they don't need a lot of work or special tools. Nice pic's. Welcome to the club.

If you poke around here, there are some threads for setting up/ tuning the weber. Youtube is has lot of good stuff and just as much BS.

Buy/get the books for your rig - will be worth your time and money. Write down part number. Find your wiring diagram, get it blown up to at least A size. Write all your tune up spec's, torque #'s part #'s on the back -then get it laminated.

Last edited:
Is the base adaptor spot 1 or 2

IMG_8746-1.jpg

Got the body & chassis book and the engine book. Also downloaded the wiring diagram on D size paper. Eyes aren't what are they used to be.

Spot 1 is what I am seeing as a potential issue but those adapters tend to leak from either surface so I’d seal both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom