Carb fan & temp switch (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hoping to figure out what plug on the harness goes to the temperature switch to actuate the carb fan. I had hoped my Feb80 FJ40 matched a 82 I got but the plug from the 82 doesn’t match my 80 harness.

I’ve researched off and on and seen a lot of threads on the carb fan but haven’t figured everything out.

Good info here:

Last edited:
I'm so thankful my 72 has none of that stuff to figure out. Good luck. I'd start with jumpers to make sure the fan runs when it has power.

It’s one of those things that’s ate at me for awhile but isn’t urgent, at least in my case. My original sensor was removed during desmog

Picture of the plug that came off the 82 temp switch.

IMG_4284.jpeg

If you are missing the "sensor", simply connect the sensor wire to ground. When you turn off the truck, the fan should run for around a half hour. If that doesn't happen, your fan, wiring, or computer will be bad. In the summer I ground the wire for fan, in the winter I leave it disconnected. Been working for years like this.

If you are missing the "sensor", simply connect the sensor wire to ground. When you turn off the truck, the fan should run for around a half hour. If that doesn't happen, your fan, wiring, or computer will be bad. In the summer I ground the wire for fan, in the winter I leave it disconnected. Been working for years like this.
I’m wanting to identify what plug on the harness side of my 1980 would connect to the pigtail that connects to the sensor. Care to provide a picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom