Builds Car souq pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was very careful to reinstall everything to the same dimensions when I changed the tie-rod ends and, even though it's driving just fine, I was thinking it prudent to have the alignment checked. Pretty sure neither Toyota or any other shop would be able to pull up the alignment specs so do any of you have them? I don't have an FSM for this vehicle. Would it be the same as my '97 80 series? I know it's a very different vehicle but the front ends are very similar.

Also, the steering wheel is a few degrees off. I think you can adjust the steering wheel position with the Relay Rod without impacting anything else? Forgive my ignorance on this question. In the past I have just pulled the steering wheel to correct the orientation.

Here you go. This is from the Heavy Duty FSM 10/84 truh 1/90

Regarding the Steeringwheel:
Yes, can be done with the relay rod.
But I found it hard to really get the wheels straight before doing the correction, with all steering plsy and stuff...
Probably best to do it during the alignment when you can measure them to be straight. Other method is to have a real flat, not leaning road or parking lot, drive slowly, depress clutch & let steering go, and just let it coast to stop.
Good Luck Ralf

Screenshot_20230815_195648_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Same specs as a 60/62.

The way I have been successful in fixing the steering wheel being centered is that I drive the car, and put a piece of tape on the very top of the steering wheel where it currently is driving center of the road. Go back to the driveway (course rough driveway, not slick floor) with the steering wheel and that tape at the top position and with car on the ground, key in the on position, (so not locking the steering wheel), then I adjust the relay rod length. The rubber tires - wheels should not move, while the steering wheel will move. Just adjust the rod and watch your tape line move until the steering wheel is now in the correct position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom