Canister Oil Filter Leaks...F135 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
Question for the F135 guys and girls out there. Is there any trick to keep the lid from leaking? The gasket is in good shape and positioned correctly. The lid appears to be straight. I tightened the bolt really tight and also tried it slightly loose. I still get a steady stream of oil from under the lid. Oil pressure according to the gauge is high to middle.

I had a bad problem with this also. when I would tighten the bolt on the top I wasnt making sure that I was keeping the nut on the bottom of the canister from turning with it once the bolt on the top got tighter. Hope that helps.

ENsure that your return line is not blocked. THis could cause pressure to build within the cannister.

Is the filter filled with oil when you remove the top? If so, your blocked. If it is not filled, dump a quart of your favorite oil in the filter and watch it. It should drain completely.

Mike, I'll have a left over one from the LV if you're interested.

There should be NO oil in the canister when the engine isnt on? If so then thats not good news for me.

trekker said:
ENsure that your return line is not blocked. THis could cause pressure to build within the cannister.

Is the filter filled with oil when you remove the top? If so, your blocked. If it is not filled, dump a quart of your favorite oil in the filter and watch it. It should drain completely.

Let's put it this way... The oil should not be at the top of the can. It should eventually drain down to the last port on the center tube for the return. It may take a while but it will drain. The oil return is simply a straight shot back to the oil pan.

If treeroot has a steady stream of oil coming from his oil filter top, either his filter is clogged or the return line is restricted/clogged.

this is crappy news
that is what mine was doin when it went out on me.dont know why,i just put a 2f in that pile.my motor had other issues as well.

ok, I got it all figured out. There is a small o-ring that keeps the oil in the canister. When you pull everything out of the truck the return line is the same part that runs all the way thought the canister. The 2nd pic shows the oil return hole. It is almost at the top of the canister. Oil cannot drain beyond this point but should drain on it's own down to the port at least. The 3rd pic shows the o-ring at the bottom of the canister. The teeth on both sides lock on the bottom nut so you can tighten the bolt at the lid without the whole works turning.
IMG_4010.jpg
IMG_4015.jpg
IMG_4044.jpg

You can see the return hole in this pic with oil in the canister. As far as I can tell, this is the correct order of the internal parts. There may be one more washer between the spacer and the first rubbber part on top though.
IMG_4023.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg

Check out this old school filter. The 3rd pic is where I think there should be another washer. Just between the spacer on top and the rubber.
IMG_4031.jpg
IMG_4046.jpg
IMG_4051.jpg

yeap, I can take a pic of mine tomorrow.... To bad your missing all these stock items. You should probably sell the 40.

Besides... don't you have like 6 more you can go look at or take parts off of? ;)

They are all missing the washer, one was upsidedown, and the convertable was just plain weird. I need more parts, want to go to the junkyard Wes?

One more thing ------> No leaks! :)

So, what's missing on your's, Mike? That is how mine is set up. It does show the out hole in the very last figure being just an inch or so from the top lip of the cannister, almost the same level as the inlet hole on the side of the cannister.

treerootCO said:
They are all missing the washer, one was upsidedown, and the convertable was just plain weird. I need more parts, want to go to the junkyard Wes?

They don't have any oil canister washers.. ;0)

:flipoff2: I have to work :D

Last edited:
sorry, slow typing gimp, here

Crap, it looks like I am missing the parts that go on top of the filter in the last pic you posted. Thats just great. :frown: Can these parts still be found?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom