Buying advice? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello all! I've been lurking on the forum for a bit now and went to look at my first 100 Series today. Its a 2000, black with 151k miles. I can definitely see why they have such a fantastic following! I drove the LC and immediately fell in love. However, the one I looked at has spent most of its life in Cleveland so I was worried about salt and rust and I think my worries were warranted. There were holes on both driver's and passenger's side on the pinch weld(?) that is near where the stock running boards mount to. Check out the pictures below. Is this a common issue? It doesn't seem like that location is part of the main frame but holes this size seem very concerning. Should I continue my search or not worry about something like this? Everything else on the vehicle was great, a few scratches here and there but nothing I couldn't look beyond. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

PXL_20230902_212622149.MP.jpg
PXL_20230902_213841102.MP.jpg
PXL_20230902_212845434.MP.jpg

Run away

That is significant rust. Move on, don’t consider it. There are many in much better shape on the market. Don’t be as concerned about mileage on the 100 as in maintenance, care, upkeep, and especially absence of rust. Those with little or no rust will have photos of the under carriage in their ads.

Phew okay I'm glad everyone here seems to be on the same page as my dad and me. I told the seller I didn't want it yesterday and was hoping not to regret my decision. I'll keep searching!

Please post the VIN so that somebody else doesn't buy that turd.

Last edited:
Phew okay I'm glad everyone here seems to be on the same page as my dad and me. I told the seller I didn't want it yesterday and was hoping not to regret my decision. I'll keep searching!

you will not regret buying that one.

others will come along,

you made the right decision, that was a rust bucket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom