2004 LX470 Rust Purchase Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi All,
I'm looking to purchase a 2004 LX 470 with extremely low miles 71k based in the northeast - price is $25k, but I'm sure I can negotiate. Outside exterior and interior is pristine, but I noticed some rust on the undercarriage. I'm not an expert on these vehicles and was looking for advice as to whether this looks too risky. Any feedback is appreciated. I also don't think the timing belt has been changed.

Attachments

• 2004 LX470 undercarriage.pdf
    999.7 KB · Views: 76
Ideally, we'd have a lot more photos. The rear of the truck tends to rust more than the front. That's certainly top dollar for that truck.

You can also take it to any tire shop or independent shop, pay them to put it on a lift, and take a lot more photos. I would not jump on a truck like this, for that kind of $$, without knowing as much as I could.

Ideally, we'd have a lot more photos. The rear of the truck tends to rust more than the front. That's certainly top dollar for that truck.

You can also take it to any tire shop or independent shop, pay them to put it on a lift, and take a lot more photos. I would not jump on a truck like this, for that kind of $$, without knowing as much as I could.
thank you for the advice, really appreciated. Yeah definitely on the high end of the price range. Not sure how much the dealer would budge. Here were some of the links in better resolution:

Maybe I’m a little picky with these…but in my opinion there are way too many of these machines rust free in the west and south to ever consider purchasing one with any rust. Just my opinion of course.

Maybe I’m a little picky with these…but in my opinion there are way too many of these machines rust free in the west and south to ever consider purchasing one with any rust. Just my opinion of course.

But after looking at the pics, this one isn’t bad at all especially for a NE vehicle

Hi All,
I'm looking to purchase a 2004 LX 470 with extremely low miles 71k based in the northeast - price is $25k, but I'm sure I can negotiate. Outside exterior and interior is pristine, but I noticed some rust on the undercarriage. I'm not an expert on these vehicles and was looking for advice as to whether this looks too risky. Any feedback is appreciated. I also don't think the timing belt has been changed.
Am about to list my 2007 Land Cruiser 100 Series. Have owner for last 11 years here in Texas. Always garaged, meticulous maintenance. Just had timing belt, water pump service as well as some other maintainance. 262K mainly highway miles (wife and I drive to vist our kids or to Colorado. Drives butter smooth. Really good BFG KO2 33” Tires. Black with Tan w/ rare factory black bumpers and trim. Glossy paint. Will be asking around $16.5K if interested.

But after looking at the pics, this one isn’t bad at all especially for a NE vehicle
Thank you, fair points for sure. The main reason I’m interested in this particular one was because of the 71k miles and I’m lazy and it’s 2 hrs away haha. But I certainly don’t want to rush a decision.

Am about to list my 2007 Land Cruiser 100 Series. Have owner for last 11 years here in Texas. Always garaged, meticulous maintenance. Just had timing belt, water pump service as well as some other maintainance. 262K mainly highway miles (wife and I drive to vist our kids or to Colorado. Drives butter smooth. Really good BFG KO2 33” Tires. Black with Tan w/ rare factory black bumpers and trim. Glossy paint. Will be asking around $16.5K if interested.
Thanks Keeper1. Can you share some pictures?

Thank you, fair points for sure. The main reason I’m interested in this particular one was because of the 71k miles and I’m lazy and it’s 2 hrs away haha. But I certainly don’t want to rush a decision.

I'm in the same boat. I recently decided that I really wanted to get into an lc/lx and have target my search within a reasonable radius to home base. But almost every one has turned out to be rusty, rough, and/or overpriced compared to its condition. So I've decided to slow down on the search, expand my search area, and be open to renting and car and/or flying out. The right one is out there.

Thanks Keeper1. Can you share some pictures?
Here you go. Will shoot a few of the inside tomorrow. PS. iKamper rooftop tent not included however, I’d consider including the Rigd Ultra Swing tire Swing with Fold Down Camping table. NOTE: It just slides into the tow hitch and can easily be removed and the spare can go back under the car. We recently had 3 Rhino Rack Heavy Duty Cross Bars professionally mounted to the roof (Cost $1,000). Of course they are included and stay with the car.

IMG_4750.jpeg

IMG_4751.jpeg

IMG_4744.jpeg

IMG_4757.jpeg

IMG_4764.jpeg

Here you go. Will shoot a few of the inside tomorrow. PS. iKamper rooftop tent not included however, I’d consider including the Rigd Ultra Swing tire Swing with Fold Down Camping table. NOTE: It just slides into the tow hitch and can easily be removed and the spare can go back under the car. We recently had 3 Rhino Rack Heavy Duty Cross Bars professionally mounted to the roof (Cost $1,000). Of course they are included and stay with the car.

View attachment 3453536

View attachment 3453537

View attachment 3453538

View attachment 3453539

View attachment 3453540
Beauty, thanks for sharing. Would love to see more pictures of inside (and any undercarriage if possible) I know you are in Texas but still ;)

@dmkrem - that rust is still very manageable. You could spray that with any one of the good rustproofing compounds and live with it.

I would still hammer the dealer a few thousand on the price. Or, make an offer, go home, and let them stew on it a day or two and see if they call you back. You have other options.

@dmkrem - that rust is still very manageable. You could spray that with any one of the good rustproofing compounds and live with it.

I would still hammer the dealer a few thousand on the price. Or, make an offer, go home, and let them stew on it a day or two and see if they call you back. You have other options.

In the DC region a lot of dealers are not budging much on the price, maybe a few hundred. I've made a few very reasonable and realistic offers without even a counter, or at least a reasonable one. The market is screwed up right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom