Buy damaged 100..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So once the body fixed/PDR and quasi baselined/gone thru, you'd be all in around $5k. I'd go get it. It's the lowest mile and best condition (once fixed) 100 you'll probably ever find.

Dude, that is WAY too much for that much damage. Are you crazy?

Now, go ahead and PM me the info just forget all about it...:)

rj

So once the body fixed/PDR and quasi baselined/gone thru, you'd be all in around $5k.

Unless you own the bodyshop there is no way you fix all that, and baseline, for $1500. IMHO. Someone feel free to correct and enlighten me.

rj

If you're ok with the final
Product not going to be perfect, that sounds like a good price to buy.

On the fence about flying out and picking up (cheap) a damaged '99 I've found. Owner has had it for 9 years. Gently rolled DS over onto a snow bank and crushed in the front fender, dented in about 18 inches of roof pillar, DS passenger door dented in, and rear quarter panel is crinkled in. Aside from that it's in great condition with only 155K miles on it. Even called and spoke to the guys mechanic.

They towed it out and he drove home fine. Been driving it for over a week without any issues. Bought a new car and is just looking to move the cruiser along to a new owner. Rock river green with dark grey interior.

Go get her?!?! :meh:

Unless you own the bodyshop there is no way you fix all that, and baseline, for $1500. IMHO. Someone feel free to correct and enlighten me.

rj

Fender (in the right color):
100 Series, Driver Side Front Fender $200

Door (in the right color):
100 Series, Gray Driver Side Rear Door $200

Mirror (in the right color):
100 Series, Gray Left Hand Mirror $200

Pair of Depo Headlights (with the corner popped out tabs are probably broken) ~$300
98-2005 Landcruiser DEPO 1 piece clear head lamp Interest

Rear quarter (right color but you're going to have to paint at least some):
100 Series, Rear quarter panel, Left side $900

but you still have shipping, the labor on the roof and rear quarter to contend with...

I'd buy it if I needed another vehicle, the price is right - the damage doesn't look too bad.

Body work always sucks! BUT, for the amount you posted even if you decide 3 months later is too much you could still get your money back selling parts!
So, if you have the cash get it!

I wouldn't fix everything right away. First would be the DS front fender. Then I'd probably call the paintless dent repair guy and see what magic he could work and go from there. It would definitely be a fix as you go approach.

Last edited:
I'd get the bolt on first thing, they can be hard to find.

1/4 looks repairable, but a bit much for paint-less. Hopefully pillars did not shift, even if they did it looks minor.

I've worked with pullers, hammers & dolly and fillers it can be fun and rewarding. Paint was my weak spot, as I've never had (built) a booth or gun.

You'll find shops or even body guy's (shop less) that will come to you and repair, estimates from $1,200 to $4,000 for 1/4 and roof. Good luck.

3600 is prob salvage value- And a good deal (mechanically speaking).

Paintless dent repair is effective when you have access to get behind the panel to smooth it from inside. If there are creases- forget it. Pulling larger dents from outside (with the hot glue tabs) can cause the dent to pillow outward. You prob won't get the pillar damage corrected with that method.

But- if the roof and doors aren't leaking now, you may be ok. Work a cash deal with a local body shop for repairs.

For $3600 you can always sell it for for that number should you get it home and decide it's too much investment to take on. Contact Uship and see what it would cost to have it shipped.

As far as PDR on the panels, I'm not talking about perfection. Its probably too much damage for PDR but it would be way cheaper than body work and get probably get 85-90% of the bad out. You will see the creases, especially that roof one. I could live with it.

Replacing the whole quarter and door isn't worth doing unless you're aiming for perfection and with a $3600 Cruiser, I don't think perfection is on the table. Get it close enough to not be an eyesore and enjoy.

I love projects and if $3600 gets you in to a dream trail machine go for it!!
I would much rather deal with dents than rust... ask me how I know...
If you change your mind post it in classifieds for parts and we will gladly give you your money back by buying parts off of it and you will have a lot left over ;)
Now days its hard to get any dependable car for that kind of money...

Well it's a done deal. Ticket purchased and I'm gonna be extreme Midwest bound on a 425pm flight out of ATL this afternoon. This is the furthest I've ever traveled for a rig. I'm hoping it's all worth it as I'd like to keep this long term.

Purchase, ticket, and allotted gas back puts me at $3400.

I'd hit it!! Lol who cares if it's dented up. People care too much how their trucks look. It's a killer deal and mechanically in good condition. I would buy it, put a new windshield and corner light maybe a new front left quarter and drive the piss out if it.

I'd hit it!! Lol who cares if it's dented up. People care too much how their trucks look. It's a killer deal and mechanically in good condition. I would buy it, put a new windshield and corner light maybe a new front left quarter and drive the piss out if it.

Agree, minimum repair to make it drivable and then just use it. The dents will look smaller the longer you own it, you will learn to ignore them. You can't see them from the drivers seat anyway.

I'd buy it, but then again I rolled my 4Runner and rebuilt it.

30 pages of posts: Seanz0rz's Roll and Rebuild

If I had to do it again on the 4Runner, I wouldn't have. I would have walked away. The 4Runner was at 203k. With that LC at significantly less than that... I think it is a great buy!

But! All in, I am in for about $2k including the paint, which was 600 and it needed anyway.

Perfect donor for a camper conversion!

German camper conversion

100-campersideview-jpg.137693

Wow that is so awesome!

Well it's a done deal. Ticket purchased and I'm gonna be extreme Midwest bound on a 425pm flight out of ATL this afternoon. This is the furthest I've ever traveled for a rig. I'm hoping it's all worth it as I'd like to keep this long term.

Purchase, ticket, and allotted gas back puts me at $3400.
Good for you! Drive safe friend.

Looks like a good deal. Keep us posted on how it goes. Just curious why he didn't file a claim and get it repaired? Were they going to total it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom