**CLOSED** GROUP BUY: Trail Tailor 100 series UCA - $765 a set (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tincan45

Too old to know anything.
SILVER Star
Threads
***CLOSED***

Hi Folks,

I messaged Jason (@TRAIL TAILOR ) about a 100 series UCA after my nitro order was canceled and he suggested a group buy.

Here's the deal:

$765.00 a pair shipped.

Need 10-20 buyers.

Tundra HD greasable ball joints
Currie/RockJock no bind Johnny Joints
Fully rebuildable
4130 CrMo x .188” wall tube
4130 CrMo ball joint cup
TT aluminum oring cap
Black light texture powder coating

PM me directly and I will add you to the list below

1. @tincan45
2. @quack quack
3. @Parmalee

Last edited:
Got the final set from his last batch. Looks high quality and installing next week. This is cheaper than what I paid!

Got the final set from his last batch. Looks high quality and installing next week. This is cheaper than what I paid!

Sorry to hear that. Still worth the extra cost I'm sure. I honestly didn't even know he had a 100 series UCA until I noticed his last batch. At the time I already had my Nitro order in and assumed they would be off back order at some point. Turns out, the supplier for Nitro is out of business an they are canceling over 25 orders. Hope that adds to this list.

Definitely not complaining and am glad I went with them over OEM or other aftermarket!

Haven't ran them yet, but they are super beefy, have non-proprietary (i.e. readily available) BJ, rebuildable JJ, and built-in caster correction. What's not to like!

I snagged two sets from the last batch, to replace SPC & Nitro, and get all three of mine on TT (front) UCAs.

I’ve got ~4 years of use on my initial set, and they’ve been problem free.

The level of service from Just Differentials/NitroGear sure seems to have changed, since the company was sold, and not for the better.

Can these be used with less than 2.5” of lift or whatever the standard is?

Can these be used with less than 2.5” of lift or whatever the standard is?
On my old LX, in its different suspension iterations, I’ve used the TT UCA at 1” to 3” of lift in the front.

At the lesser lift, aftermarket UCAs may not be “required” (unless you’re playing with some of the extended length front shocks), but I did not have any alignment issues.

I'll be the guy who asks the dumb questions here, which I've been curious about for some time:

1) what is the timing/purpose of replacing stock UCA's (is this damage driven, expiration of useful life of OEM, performance/off road capability driven, etc) 2) what is the benefit/gain from replacing them?

I'll be the guy who asks the dumb questions here, which I've been curious about for some time:

1) what is the timing/purpose of replacing stock UCA's (is this damage driven, expiration of useful life of OEM, performance/off road capability driven, etc) 2) what is the benefit/gain from replacing them?

It’s somewhat open to debate. Some around here think “always OE”, and aftermarket UCAs are snake oil, and others (like me) that do see some benefit under certain circumstances.

If you lift the vehicle enough, that you run out of caster adjustment, and still don’t have enough caster. Most of the aftermarket UCAs have a “fixed” additional caster built in , SPC UCAs, have an additional adjustment for camber/caster.

If you want to play with extended length front shocks. Most of the aftermarket UCAs re-clock the ball joint, and have a little more room for the shock.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm refreshing my entire front end (over 300k and getting looseness and squeaking), so I wanted new bushings and new ball joints (only wear components involved).

I could have kept my stock UCAs and pressed in/out those components since my arms aren't bent/damaged. But since I'm running a mild lift, I like the idea of an aftermarket set with some caster correction. But I did not want proprietary ball joints. So these fit the bill for me. Bonuses are the JJs and extra strength.

Caster. OEM has no caster adjustment and even at a 2" lift or larger tires you will want the caster adjustment for good alignment.

Bumping this thread, hopefully we get some traction in the next few weeks. I prefer to support guys like @TRAIL TAILOR over mass retail manufacturers.

^^UPDATE^^

Hey folks, unfortunately I have to make my UCA purchase sooner than later. My old driver CV is not going to last much longer and I'll be doing my suspension rebuild shortly. I had to go with what was available and ordered the the new ARB UCA from @cruiseroutfit. I can leave this group buy open for anyone else who may be interested or I can close it....I'll make that decision soon if there continues to be limited interest.

Just got a PM from @Parmalee he is out too....closing GB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom