Builds Building an FJ-45 Buggy.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like it!! Too bad ya gotta add a little weight in for a cage! lol

Plans are:

4 link with SAW 14" Coilovers in the rear
1.75 Chrome Moly cage and rear bed
Aqualu aluminum FJ-45 bed
15gal Fuel Cell
Rugburn Plastic skins for the bed

Plus a lot more.

I will keep some broad strokes up on the net, but the main story will be in a Toyota Trails near you :D

The cage I took out weighs about 200#...the one I will replace it with will be considerably lighter and stronger.

My target is 3500# without a windshield when it is all said and done.

This with the ability to have a real trail rig, room for a cooler, tools and a spare tire.

No buggy, just a kick ass light trail rig that still resembles a Cruiser :D

moggin' the rear too?? looking forward to pics of your setup, we've got one more trip to Attica coming, then mine goes down for the rear 4-link!

I "think" I can pull mine down to 3800 without the spare/carrier installed...

I am only going to have a Mog9 in the rear, front will stay a 60/9 hybrid. I like the front, just wanted a different axle for the rear.

Funny thing is, if I can clear the front axle TUBE, the rear 3rd will be 1/4" higher than the front tube!!

Basically, if I miss the rock with the front, I can forget about it.

[quote author=wngrog link=board=12;threadid=7047;start=msg58256#msg58256 date=1067826923]
Basically, if I miss the rock with the front, I can forget about it.
[/quote]

This is the way you've always wheeled anyway :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Butch

Hey Nolen,

You need to update your signature... I'm sure Kate doesn't have a SM465, or :eek: 38.5" tires!! :D

[quote author=reorx link=board=12;threadid=7047;start=msg58742#msg58742 date=1067922833]
Hey Nolen,

You need to update your signature... I'm sure Kate doesn't have a SM465, or :eek: 38.5" tires!! :D

[/quote]

YEA! it's been a whole month since he ran that setup :D

wouldn't you "technically" need a FJ45 to build a FJ45 buggy :flipoff2:

how aboyt a SPY pic with the 45 tub just proped up there .... i know you've done it

[quote author=Deep South Cruisers link=board=12;threadid=7047;start=msg59189#msg59189 date=1068037983]
wouldn't you "technically" need a FJ45 to build a FJ45 buggy :flipoff2:
[/quote]

I paid $1000 for the right to call it an FJ-45 :flipoff2:

If it was a FJ-40 buggy, I would have hacked out the rear and made myself a jungle gym and be done with it.

[quote author=wngrog link=board=12;threadid=7047;start=msg59483#msg59483 date=1068083766]
I paid $1000 for the right to call it an FJ-45 :flipoff2:

If it was a FJ-40 buggy, I would have hacked out the rear and made myself a jungle gym and be done with it.

[/quote]

I stuck it up there today. Looked like hell.

I still need to clean up my drivetrain, tighten my Lokar shifter up, and then I have to cut the rear out of my frame to make it fit right.

and the pics are where??

Yeah, IMO the tuff part about "opening up" parts of the undercarriage to closer scrutiny is making it look like you actually knew how to run wires....hehehe

I ALMOST feel sorry for Nolen and Woody :-[

Rig completely torn apart...no way to wheel...looking at your truck in pieces every day when you get home from work :D

O.K. I'm over it, carry on :flipoff2:

[quote author=wngrog link=board=12;threadid=7047;start=msg75815#msg75815 date=1071492125]
Mine is all done here at the house and headed over for all the tub/tube work at the end of the week.

Mog/9 is finished, save paint and pinion brake.....

Getting closer.... :D
[/quote]

WELL were are the spy pics :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom