Builds Building an FJ-45 Buggy.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, Nolen. When I first saw the joints they looked like the standart RE or Johnny joint, and I was worried about them not twisting enough. Now that I see they are full "twisties", I am very impressed :beer:

[quote author=wngrog link=board=12;threadid=7047;start=msg89344#msg89344 date=1073965759]
Jack, the "Joints" are machined "Sunray Twisty's" that allow 360* twist.[/quote]

Any idea how much bling a mortal would have to cough up for one of those?

(O/T, had a nice long conversation with your neighbor Lance over there the other day - what a character!)

[quote author=Eskimo link=board=12;threadid=7047;start=msg89863#msg89863 date=1074029976]
Any idea how much bling a mortal would have to cough up for one of those?

[/quote]

Actually they are not that bad. I think I paid $under $400 for them. Looking at RE joints and Huge heims, this is not that bad considering it is for both control arms.

How large a section of that tube is threaded, and what size/pitch?

Thanks!

-Steve

Could you tell me how long the threaded section inside the tube is, the female part, not the male part?

Thanks Nolan!

-Steve

[quote author=Poser link=board=12;threadid=7047;start=msg90767#msg90767 date=1074140320]
Could you tell me how long the threaded section inside the tube is, the female part, not the male part?

Thanks Nolan!

-Steve
[/quote]

Sorry Steve, that part is 6" long...not the bolt...it is about 8"

From the top.....room for a full size cooler, Powertank, 15gallon fuel cell and some tools and spares.

Blue tape marks the triangulating bars and the coilover bar.

Spare tire will mount above it all.

Looks kick ass Nolan, congrats!

Keep the pics commin!!!

Thanks!

Man that thing is looking coooool, and what progress.

:cheers: :cheers:

What tube bender are you guys using to build this buggy, curious minds want to know.

Rob

And size of tube pls....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom