Brake line fitting size help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I have a question about brake lines. I recently put some wheel cylinders on the back of my 71 fj40. Mine were shot so I found a set I had from along time ago that actually came with my cruiser when I got it so I do not know what year they are out of but they looked identical.

the trouble I am having is the brake line fittings at the wheel cylinder is different from the fitting size at the junction block on the axle. The fitting on the axle is 10mmx1. the fitting going into the wheel cylinder is smaller. Does anyone know this size? Its not 8mm and its not standard. I was thinking it was 9mm but I couldn't find this size at the local Napa and all the cylinders we looked up for cruisers are 10mm fittings. Anyone ever have this prob?

I think the fittings on 69 and earlier (might be 68) were 9mm x 1.0mm. It's an odd size. Why are you trying to reuse historical brake cylinders? You could just put kits in your existing cylinders, or better yet, buy new ones.

If you want to make all new lines, I think Classic Tube has the oddball 9mm fittings.

run new lines with 10 mm fittings and use 2 adapters at the t on the tube, then you can run late model wheel cylinders when these go bad good luck

Just a note, I am redoing all my brake lines in 10mm. I am converting the front to disk brakes and leaving the back as drums. I will use an adapter at the rear drums so they will still be 9mm.

Also will be adding a f60 brake booster.

The one I bought converted 9mm to 10mm.

Have your NAPA dealer get another one.....

I emailed the manufacturer of the fitting and asked if they have a 9mm to 10mm fitting, and here is their response....

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for the inquiry, but I am afraid we cannot help you with that particular application. I did take a look to see if any or our competitors carry that fitting and did not find one. This indeed sounds very specialized and is out of the scope of our market.

Again, thanks for considering AGS and I wish you luck in your search.

Regards,

Christian R. Byar
Director of Marketing
AGS Company

Umm,

The part number I referenced in my post, is indeed a 9mm to 10mm adaptor.

I used 4 of them, they all fit perfectly. Maybe they are indeed the same?

All I know is they worked with NO leaks... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom