Review New 9 mm Brake lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dusty 66

Ball & Claw Club
Threads
Ok the story after trying to resurrect my 1966 FJ40 old leaking 9 mm brake lines from the dead out of total frustration I decided to buy new, rather than try to fabricate some out of 9 mm adapters and 10 mm brake lines.

I talked to the sales rep Tom @ Classic Tube I was concerned because the catalog said 1968 Toyota Landcruiser kit TY1001 he assured me any problems I encountered just send the part back they would make It right.
I also tried to order Stainless steel bradded hoses at the same time he said they did not have the capability to make the 9 mm flexible brake lines at this time.

In the mean time I talk to Mark of Marks off Road about the bradded hose lines for my 66 fj40 that I needed all three 9 mm hose 4" longer than stock to account for the 4" lift on my rig he said he could get them that they were OEM FJ45 rear hoses 4" longer than the FJ40s :bounce2:

Ok then I place the order with Tom @ Classic Tube he also stated minimum wait was 30 days, Ok 45 days later I get my new SS brake lines !

I received my new 9 mm Classic Tube Brake line kit in Stainless Steel,
The over all Quality and fit..... I am Very Impressed !

P1010010-5.jpg

Identical to OEM bends :bounce:
P1010017-7.jpg

P1010013-7.jpg

P1010011-6.jpg

P1010137-3.jpg

P1010022-7.jpg

P1010014-4.jpg

The only disappointment was the kit was missing the tubing that goes from the Master cylinder to the first junction T :confused:
I quickly got on the phone and called Tom @ Classic tube, he told me to send him any Info a copy of my receipt and the old missing tube as to make a copy of It because they did not have the tube I described in the computer and they would update there kit.
086A1-1.gif

#35 the missing tube​
about thirty days later I received the new missing tube and the original too.
bled the lines snug up a few minor leaks the fittings leaks stopped Brakes good as New I'm happy Classic tube Great Product and Customer service !
and Thanks to Mark of Mark's Off Road always a pleasure...
P1010043-6.jpg

P1010042-6.jpg

http://classictube.com/pdfs/65-80_2006.pdf

Last edited:
Hey. I appreciate the thread. I didn't know anyone who could/would fabricate 9mm brake lines.

lines

Good post,

Always helpful to get pointed in the right direction--details, details, details eat you up trying to find it all yourself!

Got any more part numbers? I can see the one on the tag

Rig looks good from underneath how about a "Hollywood Shot" of the rest?

Good post,

Always helpful to get pointed in the right direction--details, details, details eat you up trying to find it all yourself!

Got any more part numbers? I can see the one on the tag

Rig looks good from underneath how about a "Hollywood Shot" of the rest?

Classic Tube Landcruser 1968 (1958-1970) Part kit #TY1001

Sorry right now I don't have it :doh: I'll look Toyota part # on the FJ45 9 mm hose

P1010019-5.jpg

Hollywood shot a work in progress...I'm slow !

Last edited:
rig

Very nice, so pretty and a PAKI top too!

I love those ads, I cant wait to cruise 85 all day with my 135 hp powerhouse:lol::lol::lol:

very nice.. Does that kit include the rubber line? or did you get it elsewhere.

As In my first post Classic tube Only suppled the SS hard lines complete Kit,

Marks off Road suppled the three OEM fj45 9 mm rubber lines witch are 4" longer than OEM fj40 9 mm I'll get the part rubber hose part # when he gets back from Death Valley :p

WOW THANK YOU FOR THE THREAD

this will be extremely helpful for anyone needing this info. Thank you and you have a beaut of a cruiser. Keep that baby nice!

Very sweet cruiser! You can also make your own brake lines with a double flaring tool, just find old ends that are in good shape and get the line material from a haydraulic shop that sells that size line. (for the hard lines, anyway)

Dusty66, your rig makes me drool, congrats. We make 9mm SS Braided hoses all day long, but we only have the 9mm male fittings, not female. This forces us to get into Swagelock fittings sometimes where a female would have been required.

Hi, Great Thread
I am in Buffalo Ny and I have driven by there place from time to time. They don't have the greatest reputation locally so it is good to hear another opinion and a posittive one at that. As was asked before, do you mind sharing what that kit cost?
Thanks and good luck
Jerry

I ordered an kit today, it set me back $225-. I got the 9mm in S/S. A little steep, but it will be worth it to me in the long run. The resto is starting to put a dent in my wallet.

I ordered an kit today, it set me back $225-. I got the 9mm in S/S. A little steep, but it will be worth it to me in the long run. The resto is starting to put a dent in my wallet.

Youch. I have been making lines from what is left of my FJ60 part out and a $15 double flare tool and buying the other stuff from CDan. It is surprisingly cheap. I must confess it is not pre '70.

Nice rig BTW! A really good stance and I love the soft top.

In post #1 Link pdf scroll down to Imports page 74 lower right Toyota 1968 Landcruiser TOY1001 O.E. steel $180.00 and $220.00 for Stainless Steel link... http://classictube.com/pdfs/65-80_2006.pdf

My cost was $247.00 with shipping from Classic Tube
The three hose cost were $40.00 per hose from Marks off road
I reused the old T Junctions I bought 9 mm X 1.00 pitch from our local Mcfadden Dales' Tap and chased all threads before assembly cost $6.00 :grinpimp:

:bounce: BTW I put the cruiser back on the road today :bounce2: finally Brakes are perfect ! :clap:

That is GREAT news. I still can't believe you're gonna trail run that rig!

Thinking of maybe a Saline run in November? December? Maybe they'll have South Pass fixed back up by then.

:beer::beer: to you my friend. Guages on the way tomorrow.;)

Excellent thread...thanks Dusty for posting up :clap: All this info will come in handy with my '64!!!

BTW...very nice rig :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom