BP51 Leveling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I am currently running the BP51s with 2722 rear springs. Front end was first installed with preload set at the recommended height of a petrol engine and no bull bar or winch. It had such an awful rake I decided to take it off and adjust the preload to about 8mm.

I still have a bit of rake and am wondering, instead of continuing tightening up the coil can I add the OEM strut spacer, or any spacer for that matter, to the BP51s front coilovers? Reason for wanting a little more height out of the front are to level it out and to help my rubbing on inner wheel wells. In addition I am wanting to go up a tire size from my current 285/65/18.

Thank you for any recommendations or help!

Current rake:
Fk8NcEbpYs2sqijs5
IMG_20180604_104308.jpg

IMG_20180604_104308.jpg

Hello all. I am currently running the BP51s with 2722 rear springs. Front end was first installed with preload set at the recommended height of a petrol engine and no bull bar or winch. It had such an awful rake I decided to take it off and adjust the preload to about 8mm.

I still have a bit of rake and am wondering, instead of continuing tightening up the coil can I add the OEM strut spacer, or any spacer for that matter, to the BP51s front coilovers? Reason for wanting a little more height out of the front are to level it out and to help my rubbing on inner wheel wells. In addition I am wanting to go up a tire size from my current 285/65/18.

Thank you for any recommendations or help!

Current rake:
Fk8NcEbpYs2sqijs5
IMG_20180604_104308.jpg

View attachment 1826971

You can add a strut spacer, but that’s not a solution for rubbing...

If you are rubbing on turns or when backing up while turning...it’s probably time to remove the mud flaps in front wells and also the tiny flap in front of wheel wells also.

Where are you rubbing?

Thanks Markuson. I am rubbing on the front inner wells, or near the front air dam flaps. I have SPC uppers can those be adjusted for this rubbing?
The rake is just as annoying to me though. Once I add a bumper and winch I am afraid I am going to be angled even more.

Add a spacer before you preload too much.

I appreciate it Kurt. I am glad to know that is a viable option with the BP51s. Just to clarify for myself and anyone else; the OEM Spacer (#43136-60020) hardware will work with the BP51 strut top? Do I need longer bolts?

Thanks Markuson. I am rubbing on the front inner wells, or near the front air dam flaps. I have SPC uppers can those be adjusted for this rubbing?
The rake is just as annoying to me though. Once I add a bumper and winch I am afraid I am going to be angled even more.

Nothing wrong with the spacer if you want to prevent an unnecessarily stiff ride. Probably won’t help rubbing thigh, since any compression with get them righ back up in the well.

What is the diameter of your tires? Are you rubbing only in turns?

A good off-road alignment shop should be able to move your wheels/tires backward a bit in the well if necessary...but it’s pretty common to trim that front skirting. Mudflap temoval is also common.

Nothing wrong with the spacer if you want to prevent an unnecessarily stiff ride. Probably won’t help rubbing thigh, since any compression with get them righ back up in the well.

What is the diameter of your tires? Are you rubbing only in turns?

A good off-road alignment shop should be able to move your wheels/tires backward a bit in the well if necessary...but it’s pretty common to trim that front skirting. Mudflap temoval is also common.

285/65/18 KO2s ~32.5" tire diameter. Yeah I am ultimately wanting a size up in tire anyways so trimming is in my future.

285/65/18 KO2s ~32.5" tire diameter. Yeah I am ultimately wanting a size up in tire anyways so trimming is in my future.

Even better, throw a steel bumper on there and go nuts. :hillbilly:

I appreciate it Kurt. I am glad to know that is a viable option with the BP51s. Just to clarify for myself and anyone else; the OEM Spacer (#43136-60020) hardware will work with the BP51 strut top? Do I need longer bolts?

Yes & yes. If your BP-51 kit came from us give the shop a call and they can send out the extended BP-51 bolt kit and spacers.

20181108_103057.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom