Builds Box Rocket 1995 FZJ80 Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Coming along nicely... I'm going to give those Cree lights a try. Looks like they do a much better job.

Did a couple other things last night. I have a set of Spidertrax wheel spacers that I installed last night. I've like the spacers on my Tacoma so I thought I'd try them out on the cruiser. I think it is the perfect amount and puts the tires out flush with the flares. Feels a bit more stable and adds a little weight to the steering feels which I like.

Also got the wheels repainted. They had been painted before but were a little faded and chipped. So, cleaned them up and shot them with a few coats of VHT Satin Black wheel paint and few coats of clear.

Here's a couple shots of the wider stance with the spacers.

That looks great! Width is perfect...

Excellent work there. Truck looks great!

Yeah, I like the stance better for sure. Coming along. Now time to move off the asphalt haha :)

Off topic but what camera do you have btw? I just ordered a D3100 w/ kit lense. Can't wait to get some cleaner photos. I already installed darktable alongside gimp, and worked with some sample RAW photos. So much nicer than iPhone LOL

Yeah, I like the stance better for sure. Coming along. Now time to move off the asphalt haha :)

Off topic but what camera do you have btw? I just ordered a D3100 w/ kit lense. Can't wait to get some cleaner photos. I already installed darktable alongside gimp, and worked with some sample RAW photos. So much nicer than iPhone LOL

Yep getting close. Next up is sliders. We've already got a few trips planned, but I may not have time to get out with it for another month. But I might make it out to the sand dunes with our local club in a couple weeks. But it's on Valentines Day so I gotta see how the wife feels about that.

I use a Canon 70D.

Ah, yeah, I hear ya. Definitely wanna clear that haha. Funny, I didn't notice the lack of sliders... That will be good to have. They have saved my bacon a few times over.

Trail gear? Or you going to go box rocket fab this time around?

Ah, yeah, I hear ya. Definitely wanna clear that haha. Funny, I didn't notice the lack of sliders... That will be good to have. They have saved my bacon a few times over.

Trail gear? Or you going to go box rocket fab this time around?
Just ordered Trail Gear ones tonight. I had them on my '93 for years and lots of use. They are great budget sliders that work great on these trucks.

Totally. I was set to buy some for the taco, but then jerry BAMF posted up a no brainer deal on his sliders...

Anyways, good luck with the sliders.

Just ordered Trail Gear ones tonight. I had them on my '93 for years and lots of use. They are great budget sliders that work great on these trucks.
Which ones did you order? Can't seem to find any on their site for an 80.

They don't have any specific to the cruisers. You just need to look in any of the truck sections under bumpers and armor. The 67" ones are the ones you want.

They require some welding. You need to weld the legs on where you want them and also weld them to the frame or fab your own brackets if you want them to bolt on. The ones I've been running on my '93 are welded and they've been fantastic for years.

They're not for everyone since they are not just a straight bolt on affair but that's also what makes them so affordable. These are great sliders at fraction of the cost of most other options for these trucks. They are DOM not the weaker HREW so they will hold up well.

Ok great - thanks for the info!

Did a couple other things last night. I have a set of Spidertrax wheel spacers that I installed last night. I've like the spacers on my Tacoma so I thought I'd try them out on the cruiser. I think it is the perfect amount and puts the tires out flush with the flares. Feels a bit more stable and adds a little weight to the steering feels which I like.

So the spacers are just the 1.5" Tacoma models? I wasn't sure if there are differences in hub diameter among the different versions...

So the spacers are just the 1.5" Tacoma models? I wasn't sure if there are differences in hub diameter among the different versions...
No the Tacoma ones are different with the extra hub centering ring. The ones for the cruiser don't have that because the wheel would not fit over it. So the ones for the cruiser are lug centric and you'll need a couple acorn style lug nuts that you use first to get it centered properly, then install the rest of the supplied nuts with red Loctite.

Again, here is the spacer for the cruiser. Note the lack of the wheel centering ring around the hub.

Here's the hub centric Tacoma spacer. you can see the centering ring on this one. These will not work on the cruisers.

To make it easy, I ordered mine from Slee since I knew they'd send the right ones.

Thank you for the explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom