Bourbon. What are you drinking right now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Disappointingly, we haven't tried it yet... It would've been great last night since we had steak and watched a drama afterward. Will try to get a sip tonight. Admittedly, we rarely drink Bourbon/Whiskey/Scotch, so my opinion will likely be off the mark... I love Bourbon but after missing several football games in college (tailgating at FSU was a huge deal), or vomiting in the stadium (in the stands, actually), my friends steered me toward gin/vodka and I could keep the party going all night. If that makes sense.

Well damn I should have got you some vodka lol

541E935A-7FE6-4CEF-8510-A886740B7BE3.jpeg

After watching a YouTube video of Manhattan 3 ways, Mary surprised me with Whistle Pigs 10 yr Rye. Enjoyed it with 1 Rock Friday night. It is worth the price. Delicious.

Decent haul at the local ABC today...
by jeff elliott, on Flickr
Have you sipped the Whistle Pig yet? I'd imagine that it's quite good. My wife and I don't usually buy non-Kentucky-made-bourbon/whiskey (unless we're in the mood for a Glendronach!), but the Whistle Pig is interesting.

Have you sipped the Whistle Pig yet? I'd imagine that it's quite good. My wife and I don't usually buy non-Kentucky-made-bourbon/whiskey (unless we're in the mood for a Glendronach!), but the Whistle Pig is interesting.
Whistle Pig is good! You can quickly get sucked into buying their aged bottles which are just delicious!

We had a few different bottles of whistle pig for a company party a few years back. I don't remember exactly which ones, I think I posted them in this thread somewhere, but they were pretty good.

I have a whistle pig 10 on the shelf.
Having spent a good portion of my life in VT, I was predisposed to liking it. It was good, but I think one can do better for the money.

Anybody had this before? Apparently a Buffalo Trace product. Local Total Wine had some & it sold out in 2 hours. My neighbor snagged me a bottle...I like it. Was $55 for 750ml
22C5213D-6A86-411B-8617-72AE694794EA.jpeg

How much?

Right now I am so frustrated with Braves performance in game #3....

Honestly...too much for how it tastes. More heat then I expected. ~$80ish after tax. Not bad but not great for the price tag.

On Columbus Day, my wife and I headed to Georgetown, KY for a tasting at "Bourbon 30" - the J. Mattingly distillery and tasting room. It was the most enjoyable tasting we've ever had. The bourbon, made by owner Jeff Mattingly - who we got to hang out and drink with - was stunningly good. They allow visitors to pull their favorite bourbon straight from the barrel, or to make their own blend (guided by J. Mattingly). We bought one of each type (single barrel, and a blended "wheated bourbon"). The crew there were wonderful. If you ever find yourself in central, KY, I would highly recommend a visit to this craft distillery. We're saving out bottles for a special occasion, or two :cool:.

I'm not sure if they distribute in the Carolinas, but if they do, pick up a bottle. Their entry level bourbon is $40 - and it is very good stuff. Blends and single barrels range from $120 to $175. We splashed out for the top shelf stuff... only for a special occasion.

Last edited:
New pickup on the end

B7A6E7F3-5D59-4775-A321-8CBF81101DAB.jpeg

the weller is fantastic... Big fan!

Bought my dad Proof old fashioned syrup and Old Grand-Dad for his bday. Spent the Thanksgiving break drinking old fashioneds with him. The OGD is gone and half a bottle of proof left. Not a bad combination...

1D866C27-210D-42E8-8389-150B8D5C1321.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom