Bought My First Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dang, seems like your PO was unencumbered by lack of knowledge or skill...

Not. At. All. There was no job to big or small they couldn't booger up. Yeah there is no oil filter. I was dreading looking at the bearings but they seemed fine. I'm assuming it hasn't been filter-less for too long. That's going to be fixed now though.

Can someone check my work here? Throw out bearing on correctly?

IMG20221221160204.jpg

Replace the pilot bearing in the crank too. Use the bread method. Just did it on my 45. Post 8 here:

Dude, just re-read your build, no oil filter...wow

Did you get a new inspection cover? There was one listed in a hodge-podge of parts in classifieds if you need it, no grenade special effects...maybe it would work for you, maybe not depending on what you are doing at this stage. Parting Out - North Atlanta GA: Last parts from our 1973 FJ55 part out - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/north-atlanta-ga-last-parts-from-our-1973-fj55-part-out.1300813/

Keep up the good work!

Yeah there's been a ton of under the surface stuff on this so far. Lots of correcting bad/horrible and some just downright wrong repairs.

Yeah @cruisermatt hooked me up with a side cover, transmission stuff and some oil filter things. He's been a huge help.

Took a crack at cleaning up the manifolds. Got super lucky and came away with no broken bolts or nuts. The long manifold clamping bolt almost got me but enough heat, lube, patience, and impact guns got it. Found some more PO surprises though. Any guesses what these welds are supposed to be doing? Not much I suppose. Either way,.might be going header sooner rather than later - MIGHT.

IMG20230117191529.jpg

IMG20230117192720.jpg

IMG20230117192737.jpg

IMG20230117194712.jpg

SOR. expensive but very nice. Just installed a set on the red 69 here.

I JUST sold the perfectly good exhaust manifold off the 70 parts truck too :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom